PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best chocolate cake?

Monkey Magic
03-23-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm a huge chocolate lover. My favorite food EVER is the flourless Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Chocolate Cake at Tchoup Chop at (sorry!) Universal's Royal Pacific resort.:cloud9: My parents have decided that it isn't worth the money, so now my vacation will just have to go without it I guess. :(

Now, to the point. Since I won't be going to Tchoup Chop, are there any great chocolate cakes in WDW? Preferably flourless, since I seem to like dense cake better than light cake.

Thanks a lot! :mickey:

BluegrassDaisy
03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
I loved the Chocolate Wave at the Coral Reef! :cloud9:

AliceinDisney
03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Omigod Flourless chocolate cake with no icing and just a bit of icing sugar is amazing. I've had a great one at a bistro here in Toronto Ontario Canada, cant remember the name lol If I find a place that serves it up in Disney I'm there!

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I loved the Chocolate Wave at the Coral Reef! :cloud9:

DITTO!:cloud9:

wendy*darling
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Flourless chocolate cake? :eat:

Here are some scrumptious options:
At MGM's Brown Derby you can find Flourless Chocolate Cake with port wine chocolate sauce, fresh berries and mango ice
Jiko has a Flourless Chocolate-Mocha Cake Stack with vanilla ice cream and chocolate caramel sauce.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Spiced Poached Pears, Chocolate Bourbon Ice Cream and Raspberry Sauce can be had at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge

Some other really terrific dense chocolate desserts:
Chocolate Wave as already mentioned is at Coral Reef
Torte au Chocolat at Chefs de France
Chocolate Guinness Torte at Rose & Crown
Kilauea Torte at Kona Cafe is dense and chocolate-y
Saratoga Spring's Turf Club has a Chocolate Lava Cake

There's lots more chocolate to be had around the World, but that should keep you busy enough for one vacation!

alpro2
03-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Is there such a thing as bad chocolate cake? :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
03-23-2007, 09:22 PM
You can add Starring Rolls cafe to the list that has flourless chocolate cake. I am also a chocoholic!!! DS chose this as his "snack" one day at MGM and he ate two bites, so I finished it and OHHHHH MYYYYYYY!!!! It was quite tasty!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Monkey Magic
03-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I had it at Artist Point, actually, and it was very good. However, we're not going back there either because my mom was disappointed with the salmon. :(

mouseaddict
03-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't know if they still serve it but the chocolate whiskey cake at Le Cellier was my favorite!

Crow
03-23-2007, 10:08 PM
now you're temtping me. im not the biggest dessert person on vacation (usually because im too full) and not into chocolate as much as some, but these sound good.
and i am tempted to go back to AP and use my last 2 TS credits...
i do have an ADR for Coral Reef so probably will try the wave

mmouse566
03-24-2007, 08:30 AM
At Harbour House they have a small but very decadent chocolate cake that comes as a prepackaged single serving. It is truly good.