PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please explain...

jilwil
03-23-2007, 05:28 PM
the difference between a standard view room and a preferred room @ POR?

disneycouple2004
03-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I believe standard room is a view of the parking lot..Pref room view is of landscaped garden, waterway, or other pleasant views

KarenP
03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
There are no preferred rooms. There are standard view and water view. Standard has a view of the parking lot and usually some landscaping. Water view can have a view of the pool or river.

jilwil
03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
for the info!:)

Carol
03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I thought preferred rooms were the ones billed slightly higher because they are located next to the main building. :confused:

KarenP
03-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Caribbean Beach is the only moderate resort that has preferred rooms.

Fangorn
03-23-2007, 08:08 PM
And just an FYI,

"water view" means that you can theoretically see the river or a pool from your window. Trees, other landscaping and columns on the buildings are ignored when designating a room a "water view". We once had a "water view" where the only water we could see was a very small corner of a pool through a very thick copse of trees. If we hadn't been looking for the water, we never would have seen it. I asked to change rooms. The next one was about the same. You could see the river, but only if you stood with your face against the window and looked as far to the left as possible. Our third change of room finally got us something that approached my idea of "water view".

Either of the first two would have been fine, except that I had paid extra for the "water view".

Once we finally got settled, the stay was wonderful.

Steve

CleveRocks
03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
POR has only 2 possible upgrades/upcharges. One is water view, as explained above, and the other is king-size bed.

As explained earlier, POR has no "preferred location" rooms, meaning you can't pay for and guarantee a room near the food court, main pool, etc.

At the Moderate resorts, Disney has somewhat of a sense of humor when it comes to calling rooms "water view," as described above very nicely.

Before deciding whether a water view room is worth the additional $15-$26 per night (depending on season), keep the following in mind. At Disney's Moderate resorts, there are no private balconies. Your window and door open onto exterior corridors, the walkways other guests use to get from one place to another. So if you have you curtains open to enjoy your view, then everyone walking by has a great view of ... YOU!

To me, it's not worth it to pay for a view at a Moderate resort, for that reason. You're not going to be laying in bed enjoying the view because of the people walking by your room.

tink55
03-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Standard rooms are not all "parking lot views", by any means! Quite a few standard rooms face landscaped courtyards and/or pathways, with no parking lot in line of sight. They are often better views than "water views". I agree that water views are not really worth the extra $$.

disneymom2000
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I stayed in a Mansion at POR and never once thought about what view I had. Just walking up to the Mansion itself was beautiful. But now that I think about it, we had a parking lot view but it had some great trees and we were extremely close to the bus stop which was more important to me after a long day at the parks.:mickey:

wendybird
03-27-2007, 12:49 AM
The view is really a deceiving concept at this resort, as there is no balcony. Your "view" is what you see when you open your door and if not on bottom floor, it has a railing in the way. You can also see the "view" through your window that you will probably never have open because people are constantly walking by it to enter and exit their rooms. Save the money & get a standard view. The whole property is very pretty.

Melanie
03-27-2007, 06:10 AM
IMO, paying for a 'water view' at Riverside is so not worth it! Save your money for a nice meal!!!!