PDA

View Full Version : Take the Cake - A Great Discovery!!

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Do you like birthday cake?? If so, I have come across a wonderful discovery last night while I was at the grocery store buying my peeps!! It is Dreyer's Slow-Churned Take the Cake Lite ice cream. WOW!! This is marvelous. I had been really craving a funfetti cupcake and then I saw this ice cream. I bought it and brought it home and after trying my peeps, I gave this new Ice Cream a try. It is yummy!! :tasty:

Anyone else try this yet??

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 04:25 PM
What kind of ice cream is it exactly? Does it have bits of cake in it? And did you mean "Breyers"? I've never heard of Dreyers so I'm wondering if that might be a brand only in your area?

goofiecrazy
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
I think the brand is Turkey Hill around here that has a ice cream that has pieces of cake plus icing in it.O my lord its so good...I think its called party cake..When that brand is on sale at the store I always look for it but half the time its out of stock.

mickey&missy
03-23-2007, 05:29 PM
What kind of ice cream is it exactly? Does it have bits of cake in it? And did you mean "Breyers"? I've never heard of Dreyers so I'm wondering if that might be a brand only in your area?

In some areas its Dreyers in others its Edys.Yummmmmyy!! You just gave my pregnant belly a craving!

ElenitaB
03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
It is Dreyer's Slow-Churned Take the Cake Lite ice cream. WOW!! This is marvelous. I had been really craving a funfetti cupcake and then I saw this ice cream. I bought it and brought it home and after trying my peeps, I gave this new Ice Cream a try. It is yummy!! :tasty:
This flavor is part of the Light Slow-Churned offerings? YUM! DS loves the birthday cake mix they have over at Coldstone (which I do try avoid like the plague) so this sounds like a reasonable substitute.

alpro2
03-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I have to look for it. Thanks John. :thumbsup:

Jenemmy
03-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Too funny --- I JUST found that and bought some last time I was at the grocery. Between me, dh and the 3 kids, I don't think it lasted 2 days in our house!!!

MissStyles
03-24-2007, 12:35 PM
my friend and i were discussing this flavor yesterday.....it's excellent! it's one of the edy's (dreyer's) american idol flavors. unfortunately it's limited edition but you can vote for your favorite to stay. i also recommend the hollywood cheesecake flavor. as a side note, the slow churned flavors don't even taste light at all. they are amazingly wonderful!