PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is "turn down service"???

January-2007
03-23-2007, 03:17 PM
I've been reading some old threads and came across one that mentioned being able to have free turn down service at the Wilderness Lodge, where we are currently booked for the middle of October of this year. Can somebody tell me what exactly turn down service is? I'm clueless...

SandmanGStefani24
03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
i wouldn't mind knowing either!

frozman
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I think my mom said it was something like where someone comes into your room and folds the sheets on your bed down for you or something, and leaves a mint on your pillow. All I can say is, when my sister and I stayed at the Disneyland hotel we could have booked this for like $10 a night and I was like "I ain't payin for that"

tink55
03-23-2007, 06:49 PM
A housekeeper will visit your room mid-afternoon, fold back the covers neatly and arrange the pillows, leave extra towels if needed, and sometimes leave candy and/or a little "sweet dreams" card on the pillows.

All of the deluxe WDW resorts are supposed to provide this service for free on request, but I've had mixed results. At the Boardwalk Inn, we had one lovely turndown experience where they left a card and some Boardwalk taffy on each pillow. Later that same year we visited Boardwalk Inn and requested turndown twice, and never received any service at all. We just came back from the Polynesian, and the turndown service amounted to a housekeeper coming by at 7:00pm (way too late in my book!) while we were in the room and re-arranging the pillows and covers. No candy, no Aloha.

At the concierge level, turndown is supposed to be standard. Can anyone who has stayed concierge share their experience?

Yano
03-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I heard that they should do it even w/out asking in the concierge level. So I would really like to know if they do turn down service w/out request @ AKL concierge, since we will be there in less than three weeks.:D also how efficient are they!
:grad: :flower:

alpro2
03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
They did this every night at the Grand Flo. Left a card and mints. New towels, etc. :thumbsup:

frakers
03-23-2007, 11:32 PM
The last time we stayed on a concierge level was at the BWI a little over a year ago. They turned down the beds each evening and also left a card and chocolates on the pillows. We really have never thought about requesting it when staying at the other Deluxe resorts but it is a nice end to the day with them doing it automatically on the Concierge levels at the various resorts.

TammiMcMan
03-24-2007, 12:24 AM
It's done automatically on the club level. It's available by request in deluxe resort standard rooms, but some of them do it automatically as well. To be safe, if you're staying in a standard room, just call down to mousekeeping and make arrangements with them if you'd like turn down.

Basically, they will enter your room sometime between 3pm and 9pm. They will replenish any towels that you've used during the afternoon, take out the garbage and remove room service trays. They'll also turn down the covers on your bed, leave a chocolate and sometimes a "good night" message. If your kids have stuffed animals, they will sometimes arrange them in very cute ways. We came back to the room to find Stitch wearing sunglasses or holding the remote while watching tv. When DH and I vacationed alone, the turndown staff had laid out my nightgown and robe on the bed, along with some rose petals. The'll leave a light on in the room for you and either the tv or radio playing softly. It's kind of like being tucked into bed at the end of a long park day :cloud9: .