PDA

View Full Version : Oct 20-30.. How is the weather, crowds and so on??

PiratesCove
03-23-2007, 02:13 PM
I need your input about Oct 20-30. How are the crowds? What is the weather like? Do any of you prefer this time or stay away at this time? I need suggestions! Thanks in advance!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Crowds are moderate to moderately high as you approach Halloween, especially at the MNSSHP. Weather is most dry (though this is still hurricane season) with highs averaging around 84.

disneycouple2004
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Crowds were tolerable..MNSSHP and Epcot Food and Wine festival brought out alot more people especially on the weekend. The weather was perfect !! We have been many times during the year and this is for sure one of the better times to go !!:thumbsup:

chrisandmattsmom
03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
We were there from October 21-October 28, 2006 and we loved it! The first two days, it was 90 degrees and then it dropped down to the 70's the rest of the week. It showered one night and that was it. The crowds were not bad at all. We went to the MNSSHP one night and it was not crowded at all. I thought it was a great time of year to go.

PiratesCove
03-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Woo Hoo! Thanks for the input! If anyone else has anything to add....go right ahead!!:thumbsup:

Goofy Pluto
03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
We went at this time in 2001. I have to say, I remember it being rather cool almost the entire time we were there. We wore our jackets and jeans for most of the time we were there. I can only remember a couple of days where we didn't need jackets. I guess it's hit or miss. You never know at that time of year. So just be prepared for the possibilities of cooler weather.

As far as crowds, almost non-existant over 5 years ago. We walked on to almost everything, which was a big culture-shock for me. I had only ever been to WDW during busy seasons so to not have to wait an average of 20 min to get on a ride was amazing!

So overall, it's a nice time go. We had a good time, but it was cooler than we would have expected and no crowds. Of course, if you read other posters who have gone more recently, it has gotten more busy this time of year.

sainter
03-27-2007, 01:25 PM
The end of Oct is the timeframe that we have gone the last 7 of 8 trips. The crowds have been a bit larger the last few times as are most time periods now I guess. I think that the definition of "cool" as far as weather is really relative. We are from the north and pretty much anything over 70 is warm from Oct to May! Where are you from? We have found the weather to be wonderful, occ. cool in the evenings/nights. Still mostly warm enough to swim during the day and occ even hot. The weekends are busy and the evenings at Epcot are busy with the Food and Wine festival.

Kenny1113
03-27-2007, 08:54 PM
We went last year around that time, crowds were a little larger than I'm used to ( usually go in May), but not enough to deter me though. I considering going this year around the same time, we had a blast with MNSSHP and F&WF.:mickey: