PDA

View Full Version : My poor mother...

Septbride2002
03-23-2007, 02:05 PM
My Mom and her husband are planning their first Disney trip. Well her first Disney trip, he's been there before but it's been at least 15 years.

Anyway, they are going in September on the free dining plan - and I told her you need to make your ADR's early for certain places because they are popular.

Last night was 181 days, and she called me up in tears because she can't figure out where they want to eat because they don't know what day they want to visit what park. And when are the fireworks again? And does she really need to do this now? :fit:

I told her to take a deep breath, all of us were newbies at one time - and we all managed to get enough to eat and have a good vacation.

~Amanda

vicster
03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Was the free dining plan announced and I missed it? I know how your mother feels - it's hard to plan out 180 days where you want to eat. Unfortunately with the DDP you have to do that. We have never done it but this year we're going to have to try and book a couple of places in advance because everything is booked. We just don't like our vacations so structured. We usually get up in the morning and then figure out what we feel like doing that day.

Marilyn Michetti
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
We booked a dinner at Boma's, and Cape May this last trip because I just HAVE to eat there. The rest of the time we just ate where we were, when we wanted. Lots of CS, a couple lucky walk in's.

Maybe we're just old(er), but Disney is the experience, and it's not about food - at least not the biggest priority. We save lots of time, a significant amount of money, and actually come out O.K. with the scales at Weight Watcher's..

You want stress? Tell your mother about riding back to the TTC one night on the ferry, and hearing a mother talking about going to MVMCP the next night, Dec. 6. It was Dec. 8, and she and her DH and three children had missed it. Tickets for Tues., and they had Thurs. parked in their heads. When someone pointed that out, the poor woman burst into tears.

Help you DM plan out a "loose" itinery, and tell her to have fun, and not worry. I'm older too, and write LOTS of things down.:thumbsup:

Septbride2002
03-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Ya know, I dont know if she has free dining or not. Sorry.
~Amanda

SBETigg
03-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Your poor mom! It's nothing to get stressed out over. If there are popular places that she really wants, she should call-- but if she takes a few more days, I'm sure she will be fine. Tell her to relax and look over the restaurants and menus. When she finds enough she likes, she can double check the schedule and call. No one should be reduced to tears over ADRs! Hugs to your mom.

huzzah4
03-24-2007, 07:19 AM
We just booked our May trip a couple of weeks ago, and I had no trouble making our ADR's. I think the worst I had was one was about 10 minutes off of what I requested. I would tell your Mom not to worry too much, she should be OK, besides, it sounds like she is not too dead set on any particular restaurant yet anyway, so if she does need to change to a different location, it should not be too hard for her to do.

JoDisney
03-24-2007, 07:58 AM
If she is not on the free dining plan, I would not have her stress. She is going to find places to eat. We never book way ahead because we do not like the structure. If we want to eat at a certain restaurant, we book it in the morning of that particular day. I cannot enjoy a vacation where I have to follow a schedule. That is too much like work and I am on vacation. That is my opinion, anyway.