PDA

View Full Version : W/L hotel room layout

jake
03-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Where can i find a map that shows where all of the rooms are located at the lodge. The last time we stayed there, we asked for a wooded view. We got the wooded view but we also got a bunch of noise a view of the truck depot. Beyon the depot was the woods view. it was noisy in the morning and not what i expected for a wooded view.

Thanks,

Figment!
03-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Disney's official map (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/wildernesslodge.gif)of the resort unfortunately does not show room numbers although it does show amenity locations.

The following is an unofficial overview of the various room view by room number set I have compiled from various Guest reports:

X081 - x099 Off of the Lobby with a Woods View (4091-4099 Standard View Only)

X067-X079 Off of Lobby with a Courtyard View (Silver Creek Falls Courtyard)

x042-x066 Even #'s Artist Point section with a Standard View

x043-x061 Odd #'s Artist Point section with a Courtyard View (Silver Creek Falls Courtyard)

x035-x041 Between Artist Point and Roaring Forks Sections with a Courtyard View (Silver Springs Pool Courtyard)

x004 - x034 Even #'s Roaring Forks Section with Woods View

x005 - x031 Odd #'s Roaring Forks Section with Courtyard View (Silver Springs Pool Courtyard)

x000 - x003 Jr. Suites in Roaring Forks section with Woods View

x100 - x120 Even #'s Cub's Den section with Woods View

X107 - X121 Odd #'s Cub's Den section with a Courtyard View (Silver Creek Falls Courtyard)

x123-x129 Between Cub's Den and Trout Pass Sections with a Courtyard View (Silver Springs Pool Courtyard)

X135-X165 Trout Pass section with a Courtyard View (Silver Springs Pool Courtyard)

x166 - x168 Jr. Suites in Trout Pass section with Courtyard View (Silver Springs Pool Courtyard)

"x" denotes the floor number, not all rooms are available on each floor.

Sections are named such that they relate to an amenity contained with-in or near that section. Compare against the official map linked above for further clarification.

TheRustyScupper
03-24-2007, 02:04 PM
. . . We got the wooded view but we also got a bunch of noise a view of the truck depot . . .

1) Sounds like you reserved a Standard Room.
2) The Standards overlook the loading area.
3) If you want others, you need to book (and pay) Woods or Courtyard.

BrerGnat
03-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately, some of the woods view rooms that overlook the Otter Pond ALSO overlook the service area (the ones that are located on the edge of the division between "standard" and "woods view"). On the other side of the lodge, "woods view" may mean overlooking the bus stop area, and then you have to deal with that noise (traffic) as well.

For that reason, I don't think paying extra to upgrade to woods view is worth the money.

If you really are set on a nice view, book a courtyard view, although be aware that you may be overlooking the courtyard at the VILLAS, not the interior WL courtyard. Both are considered "courtyard" view. However, those may also have noise from the pool/boat horns at the dock. I found the boat horns to be MUCH louder than the service trucks in the morning and late at night. We had a fabulous standard view room with an exceptional view of the MK fireworks as well as the Contemporary and the tops of Space Mtn and the Castle. This room was on the 6th floor, and I found the noise from the service area to be pretty low.

Earplugs help a LOT with ambient noise. I highly recommend them whenever ANYONE stays in a hotel room, in Disney or not. There is nothing quite as quiet as your home, so they do help a lot with the unfamiliar noises in hotels.

By the way, there IS a map with room numbers and the breakdown of the locations. If you PM me, I will direct you to it.

goofy_4_WDW
03-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Try this link

Please PM or email the user for this outside link.

jake
03-26-2007, 04:12 PM
1) Sounds like you reserved a Standard Room.
2) The Standards overlook the loading area.
3) If you want others, you need to book (and pay) Woods or Courtyard.

NO,We booked a WOODED VIEW room.

Figment!
03-26-2007, 04:43 PM
By the way, there IS a map with room numbers and the breakdown of the locations. There is, but it is not made by Disney.

While it could be accurate, there is no guarantee.