PDA

View Full Version : Change to TGMR final movie - Pre 1999 version?

Roger's #1 Fan
03-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I read a story on another site that the final film shown on TGMR was damaged beyond repair and that they were using an older, pre 1999 version of the film until a new print could be obtained.

Does anyone know if this is true? Any major differences that are interesting?

Any TGMR extreme fans out there?

KAJUNKING
03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
i love tgmr but have heard nothing like that

MickeysBestPal
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
I read a story on another site that the final film shown on TGMR was damaged beyond repair and that they were using an older, pre 1999 version of the film until a new print could be obtained.

Does anyone know if this is true? Any major differences that are interesting?

Any TGMR extreme fans out there?

I'd think that they would always have multiple prints (copies) of all of the films used at the parks.

Prints natually wear-out with multiple playings.

battle beast
03-23-2007, 08:15 PM
What is TGMR?

comicguy
03-24-2007, 09:54 AM
TGMR = The Great Movie Ride

SgtTigger
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I can tell you that in Nov. Of last year the movie was different than it had been before.... But it was not older it had newer scenes in it........ I cant remember any at the moment but I even mentioned it to my wife and she said yea it had been updated.....

:cop: :tigger:

battle beast
03-24-2007, 03:14 PM
TGMR = The Great Movie Ride

Thanks!!!

GrumpyFan
03-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Supposedly, it broke on Tuesday (03/20), and they didn't have a more recent copy that was suitable. So, they fell back to the only thing they had until a new copy could be brought in from California. I find it quite odd that they didn't have another/backup copy ready. I would imagine that by the end of the month they have it back to the current version.

I really wish Disney would go ahead and convert these ride movies to digital. The "techie" in me cringes every time I see one of those worn out films with streaks, jumping picture, mis-aligned audio and light issues.