PDA

View Full Version : POP Reviews & which bldg to stay in?

houseofmouse103
03-23-2007, 12:20 PM
We were thinking about making a non DVC weekend trip in late Oct. and were thinking about staying at POP. We've stayed at All Star Movies & Music and were wondering how it compared? And which non-smoking buildings to stay in that are close to the food court & bus stops. Thanks!

homeschool mom
03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
We've stayed at ASMovies and Sports as well as Pop. We really enjoy Pop and are staying there again in May. The cafeteria is really nice - a big selection of items. It's been quite a while since our stay at the All Stars, but I would say the rooms are pretty much the same. We have stayed in the 70s, 80s, and 90 buildings. At first, it seems like a very long distance from Classic Hall (especially the 80s and 90s), but once we learned our way around it wasn't so bad. We did stay in non-smoking buildings, but I don't really know which ones they were. I hope this little bit helps. Pop is a great resort!

MargaretMessler
03-23-2007, 03:28 PM
If anyone does remember any buildings at Pop that are completely non smoking, please post. I'm getting conflicting reports of whether or not such a thing exists.

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
First of all :welcome: to Intercot!! It is such a fun community to belong to.

As far as POP goes, I have some great info that I will send you in a PM that will show you the entire resort layout.

Hope this helps!:mickey:

Crow
03-23-2007, 10:34 PM
ive stayed there 3 times all in the 50s area. the middle building top floor back was best w a view of the lake and fireworks from Illuminations. not far from the main building either. id pick Pop over Allstars anytime

Vinny
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
My next stay at POP will be my sixth and I have yet to have any complaints about the resort. It is more centrally located to the parks than All-Stars, being only about 5 minutes from Disney MGM Studios and about 10 to all other parks except MK (which is a longer trip from just about any resort).

If you can, try to get a room in the 70's section, either behind the giant big wheel or Mickey telephone. The section is just a short walk to the front desk, food court, retail store, pool, parking lot and bus stops. The food court has good quality food and a wide selection to choose from. Enjoy your trip!!