PDA

View Full Version : Best place for steak in the World?

scooterca42
03-23-2007, 11:58 AM
DH is a lover of good steak. Our favourite steak house was a little place in Sarnia, Ontario, attached to a hotel - the grill was located in a clear enclosure in the middle of the restaurant, you could see your steak being grilled and it could practically be cut with a fork...sigh...

OK! Enough of memory lane. Where could I find a steak, sirloin or New York cut preferably, that could make us forget Sarnia? Anywhere but Victoria and Albert's, unfortunately the old pocketbook won't stretch that far...

Where did you find YOUR favourite steak?

JPL
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
LeCellier in EPcot has very good steaks if you are looking inside a Theme Park. Outside the parks you have a few options Shula's is expensive but very good. The Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary also has good steaks.

SBETigg
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
The Birnbaum guide suggests that the best steak on property is found at Shula's (Dolphin) or Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

I'm more of a fish fan and the DH always orders filet mignon(which is offered at so many WDW restaurants in different ways), so I can't help much with other cuts.

disneycouple2004
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
LeCellier for sure..:thumbsup:

May524
03-23-2007, 12:19 PM
I've always been pleased at Le Cellier!

ibrowse17
03-23-2007, 12:26 PM
DW and I really enjoyed the prime rib at Chef Mickey's, and the filet at Narcoossee's:thumbsup:

Tynkerbelle
03-23-2007, 12:49 PM
In my opinion, Yachtsman Steakhouse is by far the best steak we've had on property. Le Cellier somes in second and we didn't care for Concourse Steakhouse. Haven't been to Shula's yet, but I hear it's very good, too.

pox24
03-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Easy... Shula's... why? Cause they only serve Prime Beef. All the other WDW restauarants search Choice. That is a fact.

magicofdisney
03-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Last time we used the DDP, I ordered steak at any place that served it. Believe it or not, my best steak, hands down, was at Coral Reef. And we did eat at Le Cellier, but that no where near lived up to the hype I've read. :mickey:

scooterca42
03-23-2007, 01:54 PM
Hm....maybe we'll need to try them all ;)

Yachtsman, Shula's and Le Cellier. Well, we're going for DH, maybe I'll print all the menus and let him decide!

Thanks for the recs, everyone!

Donald Duck
03-23-2007, 02:54 PM
One of the best steaks I had was at the California Grill.
The Yatchsman Steakhouse and Le Cellier was also very good.

magicman
03-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I love the steaks at Le Cellier. Also, they have steak shish-ka-bobs for appetizers which are outstanding.

Monkey Magic
03-23-2007, 04:37 PM
My favorite was at Narcoossee's but here's my critique on all of them:

Yachtsman: I forgot what cut I got, but it was decent. The meat was tender but had barely any flavor at all. Definitely not worth the price.

Concourse: I'm pretty sure I got filet mignon, and it was good all-around. Tender and flavorful.

Flying Fish: I don't remember getting anything other than the children's steak here, but it had good flavor but was a little tough.

Narcoossee's: I got the Surf n' Turf. The filet mignon here was VERY good. It was tender, juicy, and cooked to perfection!

Artist Point: I got the filet mignon here as well, but it came out well-done the first time. After we sent it back, however, it was great.

I recommend Narcoossee's, Artist Point, or Concourse Steakhouse.

Bruegge
03-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Brother in law and nephew just finished with dinner at Yachtsman.

Loved it, said it was better than Bern's or Burns (sp) in Tampa (4 or 5 star Prime steakhouse). Never had the chance to eat there.

Scott

AliceinDisney
03-23-2007, 06:02 PM
hahah You have to go back to Canada (Le Cellier) to get good steak at Disney :P

But I heard Narcossee's is amazing too.

tinkerbelle75
03-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Another vote for LeCellier!
Moosehead Beer,Cheddar Cheese Soup,and a FANTASTIC steak!:cloud9:

AliceinDisney
03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Moohead bear :sick: lol Im Canadian and I dont like that stuff. Steamwhistle is even worse! lol Give me a German beer instead.

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 07:58 PM
My mom-in-law says that the best steak she had was @ CRT. And if she says it...it must be so!!:number1:

dtootsie42
03-24-2007, 12:31 PM
hahah You have to go back to Canada (Le Cellier) to get good steak at Disney :P

But I heard Narcossee's is amazing too.

HA, HA....good one. I would say go for either Le Cellier or Narcossee's. Both my hubby and I had a great steak at Narcossee's.

RescueRanger23
03-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Gotta go with LeCellier!:number1:

dolphinmickey9170
03-24-2007, 02:40 PM
:eat: I had THE BEST filet at Le Celliere's in EPCOT. We went at lunch time, so the price was decent. But the meat was so tender and juicy and best of all flavorfull. My second choice for steak would have to be Concourse Steakhouse at The Contemporary. It was delicious.

Tynkerbelle
03-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Another good option for a great steak is Jiko at AKL - I don't know how I could have forgotten that!! The filet mignon is to die for :tasty:

cgriff
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
The fliet mignon that I had at the California Grill (in the Contemporary Resort) was wonderful. I highly recommend the CG!

cgriff

Fortgoofy97
03-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Le Cellier's in Canada or the Yachtsman Steakhouse at Yacht Club both have excellent steaks!

scooterca42
03-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow - all good choices! Maybe we'll need to hit two steak places.

Me - Well, have to tell you, hon, we have to have steak at lunch one day and dinner the other...

DH - :cloud9: :thumbsup: :number1: :mickey: :party: :)