PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose's Reviews?

wdwjenn
03-23-2007, 11:52 AM
With Alfredo's in EPCOT closing at the end of August I am trying to find another Italian restaurant for dinner one night :wine: .

We are on the dining plan so I want a restaurant that participates. Has anyone been to Mama Melrose recently? How was the food and service service?

Thanks for the opinions !! :grouphug:

disneycouple2004
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
This is one of our favorites and a must do for every trip..good food, nice atmosphere, service is good most of the time..be sure to make your ADR..:thumbsup:

pox24
03-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry but we found it just ok. Nothing to really remember. Its after all "Disney Italian." I might go again.

KylesMom
03-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Mama Melrose is among our favorite places to dine at Disney World. In fact, I'll be celebrating my birthday there on the day we arrive - and then have ADRs for two more times during our 15-day stay for lunch and dinner. We Love It!:mickey:

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Great food and excellent service. We'll definitely go back for more!:thumbsup:

JPL
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Italian food and Disney 2 wonderful things that should never go together :sick:

Goes4FastPass
03-23-2007, 10:34 PM
We found Mama Melrose to sub-par compared to a dozen Italian restaurants near our home.

The dining room(s) are cramped and noisy and our server had too many tables. The food was, well, +/- Olive Garden...?

We found the food at Pizzafari at AK to be much better. Really.

We'll do Toy Story Pizza Planet (across the street) next MGM Italian time.

merlinmagic4
03-23-2007, 10:50 PM
We like it just fine. It was one of those ADRs that I made and wasn't really hungry for but I remember really liking the salad!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-23-2007, 11:32 PM
:thumbsup: We ate there for the first time last trip with the Fantasmic package. We all really enjoyed it. We would eat there again no problem.

Jenemmy
03-24-2007, 07:50 AM
We have started off our last two trip at Mama Melrose and we really like it. Now honestly, if I were craving real italian, I guess it wouldn't fit the bill.....but the food is good. Seems like I had chicken parm. and hubby had steak. We were on ddp, and we all LOVED our appetizers. Servers were wonderful about helping with the DDP.

Maleficent's Dad
03-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Mama Melrose's traditionally gets mediocre reviews on these boards. I guess I've just been very lucky, because any time I've eaten there, I've enjoyed it very much.

I live in an extremely Italian neighborhood with (literally) dozens of Italian restaurants within a five minute drive. I would NOT compare Mama Melrose's to Olive Garden!

It is not the best Italian food I've ever had - in fact it's not even close. But it (has been for us)is a safe bet with good service and good food. The flatbreads were a delightful treat. :tasty:

DW finds it okay - I like it better than she does. :unsure:

Although I far prefer the Brown Derby, Mama Melrose's is a decent alternative in MGM - especially on the Fantasmic package.

Remember - all restaurants have good and bad days (food & service) so you'll always get some mixed reviews. :mickey:

Crow
03-24-2007, 06:34 PM
ive eaten there a few times...ok i would say. i would go back, but its not at the top that i have to go back to list. in MGM Brown Derby is the place i would go back to def

baldburke
03-24-2007, 07:19 PM
We've eaten there twice (about 12 years apart) and I'd say we were less than impressed each time. From what I remember of the first time it was relatively basic Italian. When we took the kids on our most recent trip they has certainly spruced up the menu, but the food just wasn't that great. Good luck to you!

c&d
03-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi, we ate there in August and really enjoyed it. We never felt rushed during our meal and we loved the flatbreads. We could have eaten those all night.

MMFreak
03-26-2007, 12:08 PM
We have eaten there twice and my children did not like it either time and although the food was OK there are so many better places to dine that I do not think we will be going back.

As I read this thread I see that people are pretty 50/50 on this topic so I think the best option for you is to try it for yourself (live and learn)

Enjoy and I hope you have a great vacation.
:thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
We love Mama Melrose's and go there for lunch on one WDW trip per year (we try to get to WDW 2-3 times a year if possible). The food is great! I had this fantastic Fra Diavolo (think it's spelled correctly) in November! YUM! Service has always been good, and I love the atmosphere. It's like being in the film Moonstruck!