PDA

View Full Version : Another DDP question... (again)

Goofy Pluto
03-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Do you have to make a package reservation in order to get the DDP? If I book just a room and park tickets for less than our entire stay, are we still eligible for the DDP? I'm thinking we might do a room and then park tickets for less time than that because we have some older tickets we can use. Just wondering if we have to get a ticket/room package in order to get the DDP. Thanks.

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 10:58 AM
My belief is that yes, you must get the package. Hopefully someone can verify this.:mickey:

SBETigg
03-23-2007, 11:13 AM
You can only get the Dining Plan as part of the Magic Your Way package or as a Disney Vacation Club member/renter.

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Do you have to make a package reservation in order to get the DDP? If I book just a room and park tickets for less than our entire stay, are we still eligible for the DDP? I'm thinking we might do a room and then park tickets for less time than that because we have some older tickets we can use. Just wondering if we have to get a ticket/room package in order to get the DDP. Thanks.
My understanding is that to currently get the DDP, you must also get at least a one day park ticket in the package. So if you are going for a week, and have 2 days left on old tickets, you could get a 5 day pass with the Magic Your Way package. The DDP is attached to the number of night's accomodation -- so you would still get 7 days of the DDP.

Does this help?

Figment!
03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
The Disney Dining Plan can only be added on to a Magic My Way package, unless you are a Disney Vacation Club member using DVC points.

From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: What is the Disney Dining Plan and how does it work?

A: The Disney Dining Plan is an add-on for the Magic My Way vacation package.

See the Disney Dining Plan (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningplan/default.asp) section for details on the Dining Plan eligibility and how it works.

Q: Do I need to purchase park passes for as many days as my Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Although you need to purchase the Disney Dining Plan as part of a Magic My Way package, the Dining Plan length is tied to your Disney resort stay length.

Currently, Disney only requires guests to purchase a Magic My Way package with a 1-day park pass (per guest) in order to qualify for the Disney Dining Plan.

*Note*: Specially discounted packages may have unique requirements.

Q: Can I purchase the Plan for only part of my Disney Resort stay?

A: No. Currently, the Disney Dining Plan must purchased for the entire length of your Disney resort stay on your Magic My Way Package.

Q: I am a Disney Vacation Club member; do I have to purchase a package to use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Disney Vacation Club Members can add the Disney Dining Plan to their reservation when using points to stay at Walt Disney World Disney Vacation Club resort. Members must book the Dining Plan in advance of arrival and it must be purchased for the entire travel party (ages 3 and over) for the entire length of stay. Disney Vacation Club Members can call Member Services to add the plan to their reservation.

Goofy Pluto
03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
OK, so just so I'm clear, could I book a MYW package and get tickets for less time than we are there in the package to do the DDP (7 days/6 nights trip with tickets for only 4 days)? Or do we have to get tickets for every day that we are there?

Sorry if I'm missing something, but just want to make sure I am clear. Thank you for my patience with dealing with my density.:confused: :unsure:

magicofdisney
03-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Currently, a package is required to get the DDP, but you're only required to buy a minimum of a one day base ticket. So no, you do not have to get tickets for every day you're there. :mickey: