PDA

View Full Version : WS Passport

mudpuppysmom
03-23-2007, 10:55 AM
I just learned someting new.....and it was sorta from here. I was reading another post about how someone gets their disney fix between trips and they said they watched Youtube. I've never watched anything on there, b/c I have better ways to spend my freetime.....like visit THIS site!! Anyway, I watched one couple as they started to tour WS and they had this passport that they got stamped and signed in each country. They had stopped in China and the girl wrote their names in Chinese, which I thought was REAL neat. Now, I'm wondering WHERE do I get this passport?!?!? I have taken DS to several Kidcot stations, but we've never had a passport, he has just added to his lanyard in FW and then his mask in WS.

We both thought this would be something new to try on our trip in May, so please help! I'm sure it's pretty easy to find where they are, but if I'm armed already when we get to the park, that helps me!

Dawnya
03-23-2007, 10:59 AM
My kids LOVE the passports. They are available at each country in WS at the stores. They are usually at the check-out counters.

Maleficent's Dad
03-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Any place in WS that has a cash register probably has them! Okay, maybe not any place! ;)

They're found quite easily - in the countries, in the gift shops, the Int'l Gateway shop. Just go in a place; if you don't see them, just ask!

They do write cool things in the native language of each country (like, Welcome to Germany, home of Snow White!). You can figure out what most say...

Last trip, we promised a 'reward' to our kids if they completed all the countries. They had lots of fun - DD enjoyed it more than DS. He wasn't interested in the masks at Kidcot whereas DD was - she loved the interaction with CM's and loved the stamps in the passports. :mickey:

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
03-23-2007, 11:06 AM
We did the passports (2) years ago. They can be purchased at any of the stores in the WS. They are neat, the kids loved them and we got a kick out of it as well. If I remember correctly, along with the stamp, each country signed and wrote something in their native language and then they told you what it meant.

Anyway we all had fun collecting.

Hope this helps.

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 11:10 AM
We pulled our kids out of school for our last trip to WDW. The passport was something that my DD8 was able to bring back to school and use as a prop for her oral report of her trip. It was a good way to show that the trip, while tons of fun, was also very educational!!;)

bradk
03-23-2007, 12:11 PM
to help you, they come in a rectangular box with a clear plastic window. they also come with a large button.

King Triton
03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
If the kids are carrying around autograph books, these can be used instead of passports. My kids autograph books have character signings interspersed with World Showcase entries. Some of the CM's do a real nice job writing messages.

2MuchWDFun
03-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I can highly recommend doing the WS passport.
Your children (and you, too!) will enjoy the WS passport. We still have our DS's from his first trip to the world when he was 6ish (it may have been his second trip when he was 8). (He's now 19).

The CM's at each country will talk with your child and write something special in their passport. You can add pictures later of your child and the CM's from each country. It really is a cool way to document your time in the WS.

mudpuppysmom
03-23-2007, 12:37 PM
THANK YOU everyone!!! And, King Triton, you have given me a good idea with the autograph book!:thumbsup:

We need a new autograph book, so not sure if we'll get a passport and an autograph book ( DS has signed his own name a few times in his, plus it's pretty full) or just one this trip.

Does anyone recall how much they are $$?

tinksmom02
03-24-2007, 10:17 PM
The passports are $10, plus tax, of course, and as someone else mentioned, they come with a big button, and stickers for each country. We found that adding the stickers to the passports kept DD4 busy during our wait for lunch!

And it really does make for a nice souvenier! DD did both the mask and the passport.