PDA

View Full Version : Perferred Rooms at POR

Dewgin
03-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Do any of the perferred rooms have the trundle bed? I didn't book perferred but thought we might try to upgrade once there?
Should I bother or is the perferred a nicer room and location?

JoDisney
03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
Check out above at "Info Central" then go to "Maps." They will give you a layout of POR. If you want a trundle bed, my experience has been that they usually send you to the Bayou section. Preferred rooms are closer to the food court area. I like Buildings 14, 15 and 18. Just don't get way back in the Bayou that would be far away from everything, as you can see on the property map. The main pool is near the Mansion location. Buildings 80 and 85 are close to the main pool with slide in the Mansion section. There are quiet pools, though, throughout.

CleveRocks
03-23-2007, 09:13 PM
If you want a trundle bed, my experience has been that they usually send you to the Bayou section. Preferred rooms are closer to the food court area. I like Buildings 14, 15 and 18. Sorry, this just isn't accurate information.

Trundle beds are available ONLY in rooms in the Alligator Bayou (AB) section of POR, period. If you have 5 people in your party (over 3 years old), then you will automatically be put into a room in the AB section.

More importantly, POR HAS NO PREFERRED LOCATION ROOMS. No such thing at POR. There's no such thing as a class of rooms closer to the food court. CBR has this, but the other Moderates don't. In other words, you simply can't book a room close to the food court. You can REQUEST one, but there is no special class of room that you can book and pay for that meets that description. Yes, at POR buildings 14, 15 and 18 are pretty close to the food court, but they are not "preferred" location rooms that one can reserve and pay for. At Disney, if you can't pay for and reserve something, then it is not guaranteed. requests are simply requests, not guarantees.

The only 2 possible upcharges/upgrades (and thus "guarantees") at POR are water view and king-size bed. Neither has anything to do with location relative to the food court.

To answer something the OP was asking, at any of Disney's moderates, all of the rooms within a resort are identical except as noted (king-size bed versus the standard 2 double beds, the view, the location with CBR). There's no such thing as a "preferred" room at the Moderates that is "nicer," larger, more well-equipped, etc.

JoDisney
03-24-2007, 12:30 PM
My statement that "my experience" has been that the trundle beds are in the Bayou is accurate. That is my experience. I can further state that family members of mine had a trundle bed in the Mansions, and they were a party of five. Gina, we go to POR all the time. The water view at POR is more money, currently. When you book, they will ask you whether you want a standard room or a water view. We tried the water view one time and decided, in "our opinion" it was not worth the extra money. We were in view of a quiet pool. So, we never ask for the water view anymore. We just stay with the standard view. However, we were just at POR a few months ago and when we inquired about Building 14, 15 and 18 at check-in, the CM said that they were "preferred rooms." I said, "lets look at the resort map." He then said we could not get Building 80 or 85. I said, "what is our options in the Mansion and he said he could put us in Oak Manor. We took that because we did not want to go far out in the Bayou. We were discussing this when I talked to my family and we said they must be following other resorts with the "preferred" location. It did not bother us as we were happy with the Oak Manor location. Things change all the time at Disney. This does not surprise me. I have not been to POR since that time a few months ago, as we have been staying at POP the last two times. (POR has not been available for the times we have wanted and only POP's preferred rooms have been available. The POP preferred room was suppose to be in Building 60s as this is what I was told at reservation time, but we were put in Building 70s. When we got there we said that we understood we were suppose to be in Building 60s and the CM said "Oh, Building 70s had been made a preferred building. We laughed. We said to each other that we would not book a preferred room if we could help it and only if that is all they had and we needed that resort.) I am just explaining to you about POP, another resort, and the changes that can occur. When I book POR again I am going to ask about the location question. Disney is on the upswing since the time when travel was down after 9/11. They see that they can make little changes to make more money and they go with it. Room location is part of their many plans, in my opinion. Gina, copy the POR resort map and study the locations, so you can talk to the check-in CM. Talking about change, wait until you see the new POR food court, as there is a definite pattern of uniformity going on here. If you decide on POR, you will love it. Have a great time.

Dewgin
03-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Ok...I think I finally have all of this straightened out! LOL!
We are definitely cooked for POR. I booked for there back in Feb. I just noticed there were 2 different room prices and wanted to know if the "upgrade" was worth it. I think we'll stick with our standard! Now...to decide on a building preference, in case we're asked!