PDA

View Full Version : US Airways

dizne4me
03-23-2007, 09:13 AM
I know that US Air has had it's share of computer problems - but does anyone know if I can search/make reservations on their website - I keep getting the message that they are "Updating" their website and it will be available shortly (yeah, it's been a few weeks now). Is there another website for them - am I doing something wrong?

faline
03-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I'd suggest calling customer service to ask about the availability of their web site.

cjb121879
03-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Which point is giving you trouble? I was able to get as far as choosing my exact flights, getting a total including taxes and fees, etc. I'm right up to the point where I need to enter passenger names. Where were you having trouble?

dizne4me
03-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm not at any point...as soon as I enter the web address it tells me that they are sorry for the inconvenience - but they're working on it...it's been this way for at least the Feb. ice storm - what web address are you using? maybe I'm on the wrong one.

robhink
03-23-2007, 11:34 AM
www.usairways.com

dizne4me
03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, I tried using your link...but once again, I got the "performing scheduled site maintenance" - I must not be allowed in or something. Thanks anyway.

robhink
03-23-2007, 11:54 AM
try this link (http://www.usairways.com/awa/booking/TripDetail.aspx?book=new)
it goes right to the flight booking section. If not I guess for some reason you are being blocked, and I would guess you would need to call them at 800-428-4322

King Triton
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Its working as far as I know. I know they've had some sporadic problems because of the merge with America West.

A couple things to consider:
- Try refreshing the page

- Also, I've noticed that the US Airways site doesn't always play well with non-IE browsers. So, if you're using Opera, Firefox, etc., try the Microsoft browser and see if that works.

vizsla
03-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I had know problem with their site. DW booked our flights from their website on Friday, and have been on several times to make sure our ressie was confirmed.

BellewanaB
03-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Could I pursuade you to try JetBlue?

Not sure if you're in a blue city but we have 36 inches of legroom, personal tv's (and some have xm radio) and unlimited drinks and snacks, the ONLY airline with a Customer Bill of Rights and....ME making your flight even more enjoyable! (I do Disney trivia on Orlando flights)

c&d
03-27-2007, 12:24 PM
If you have the option, try the on line chat. I had a question and was on hold for what seemed liked forever with customer service. I clicked on the on line chat and had everything resolved in a matter of minutes.

SteveL
03-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I haven't flown US Airways (Useless Air) in ages, and their last debacle at PHL on St PAtty's weekend just steeled my resolve never to fly them again.
DD was flying to Boston. Her 9:30 flight was cancelled after sitting on the tarmac for three hours.
OK, US Airways can't control the weather. However, they can't control luggage either.
The flight never left Philly yet it took eight days to find her duffle bag. I can't imagine where it went. I went through hundreds of pieces of luggage on Tuesday 03-20-07 and it definitely wasn't there.
Gotta love Air Tran and Southwest.