PDA

View Full Version : Disney withdrawl, bad!!

smartinez1
03-23-2007, 08:09 AM
Alright, I need help! I am going through Disney withdrawl right now. How do you cut the craving of Disney until your next trip? There is only so many pics I can re-look at, only so many websites I can visit, and only so many times I can watch ride video's on youtube. I still can't get enough. What do you do????

darthmacho
03-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Don't fight it. Indulge. If you can't find anyone to talk incessantly about WDW, we are here for you.

Look at pictures. Look at them again. Show them to someone. Show them to us. We want to see. We want to hear.

Why not start a creative project with your pictures, souveniers, or whatever. Make a scrapbook from your last trip. Make a scrap book of all of your trips!

Actually, I'm making a Powerpoint slideshow of my 2006 White Mountains vacation on my computer as we speak. As soon as I find time to do some scanning, believe me, all three WDW trips are next!

See it doesn't hurt to be obsessed. :mickey:

Darin M
03-23-2007, 08:31 AM
I would say try renting some Disney flicks and watch one per day until its time for your trip. I am going thru the same withdrawal, since my trip is in August.

snuggs30
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I am going through the same thing right now! I have one month from Sunday till we take off and I am beside myself, I feel myself thinking all the time about disney, what i am going to do and so on, i'm on the website's all the time trying to find out something new, I just can't get enough, this month is going to go slow!!!:mickey: :cloud9: :woohoo:

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 09:16 AM
I also am going through a major withdrawl. Our last trip was right before I found out that I had pancreatic cancer. I have since been through a pretty major surgery to try to get it all out (along with my pancreas and a few other organs), but with that comes extensive hospital bills and as such, no Disney trips for a LONG time.

I find that reading the trip reports here on Intercot and just helping others to make their trips special helps a bit. However, it also makes me want to go even more. I am SOOO bummed that I won't be able to go to the Intercot Anniversary Meets. I am hoping, however, to be able to get back down to Disneyland if even for just a day.:D

ibrowse17
03-23-2007, 09:20 AM
I know what you mean!!! Only one month ago today we were at WDW, and now I am having those same feelings. Well, to help solve this, I bought AP's and planned our next trip. :thumbsup:

vicster
03-23-2007, 09:22 AM
This website is my Disney fix. We went last September and will probably go again in September so I have a ways to go. In the meantime I'll read everyone's trip reports and dream.

LittleD
03-23-2007, 09:49 AM
When I need a "Mickey Fix" I go to LIVE365 internet radio and go to "Mouse House Radio" sounds from the parks.

magicofdisney
03-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm the total opposite. When I'm craving Disney, I have to stay away from all things Disney. I don't visit websites, I don't look at pictures and I don't listen to music. It's like that itch you can't quite reach but you keep scratching anyway. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I cope. Not suggesting you do this, but it sure works for me.

aprilisis
03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Last weekend, I watched Cinderella. This weekend I am planning to scan in all of my negatives that I had from old Disney trips :photo: (pre-digital camera) & convert them to digital photos. It is a huge undertaking, but worth it, I think. I will eventually get a scrapbook started. Did I mention my trip is not for another 251 days?!?!?! :wait: I hope this will be enough to keep me busy! I think Intercot is the best for a Disney fix, though. I love helping other people with their questions about WDW. :mickey:

wjrhw
03-23-2007, 10:20 AM
My wife and I always go through major withdrawl evertime we get back. It never goes away anymore. I'm heading to Busch Gardens Williamsburg next weekend and that may help a little. With their new dark ride and 3-D shows it does remind me of WDW (only a little). The following weekend we head to Hershey Park. These won't solve the withdrawl, but it helps.

Also, for years we had season passes to Dorney Park (only 20 minutes from us), but that place just makes us miss WDW more. It offers no relief from withdrawl.

GrumpyFan
03-23-2007, 10:25 AM
This website is my Disney fix. In the meantime I'll read everyone's trip reports and dream.

:ditto:

Embarasingly, I have to admit I look at other websites too, but only after I come here first.

SBETigg
03-23-2007, 10:26 AM
I think we've all been there, and that's why we're here.

Sometimes, I write out an extensive trip plan and mentally envision where I would be, what I would be doing. Just mentally go step by step through the vacation and write it down. I even set up pretend dates of when I would be there if I don't have a real trip to plan. Isn't that sad? Talk about obsessive!

But it does help. And then I have the plans ready to roll if something happens that necessitates a fast, unplanned visit, like I win a trip or something. It happened to me in 2001!I had to be ready in two weeks. It can happen. And yes, I had the plans all ready to go.

magicman
03-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I also am going through a major withdrawl. Our last trip was right before I found out that I had pancreatic cancer. I have since been through a pretty major surgery to try to get it all out (along with my pancreas and a few other organs), but with that comes extensive hospital bills and as such, no Disney trips for a LONG time.

I find that reading the trip reports here on Intercot and just helping others to make their trips special helps a bit. However, it also makes me want to go even more. I am SOOO bummed that I won't be able to go to the Intercot Anniversary Meets. I am hoping, however, to be able to get back down to Disneyland if even for just a day.:D

I agree that INTERCOT really helps. I read posts not only to get my fix, but to try and look for some way to help other people's trips by posting something that might help them.

Fight through the doldrums, and remember the immortal words of Douglas McArthur, "I shall return to Disney World!!!":mickey:

prttynpnk
03-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Obsessive planning gets me thru from trip to trip. I design a new excel spreadsheet, I look at parade times, EMH, dining ideas, new rides..whatever. If I can't be at the mouse, I at least get to plan about it!
I also have my last vacation photo cd on my computer monitor to torment my co-workers.

Dawnya
03-23-2007, 11:18 AM
I too am going through withdrawals. We didn't get to go last year for financial reasons and we cant go this year b/c DH got a new job and doesn't get a vacation this year (we are settleing with weekends here and there to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO). We won't be able to go until summer '08. I am so frustrated I could scream. DH says I make it worse for him and the kids by complaining about it and making comments like "the weather is sunny and in the 70's in Orlando" and, after seeing commercials, "I guess we will miss the year of a million dreams". I try to get by with Intercot, Live 365, youtube, and anything else i can find, but darn it, I want to go to WDW!

cgriff
03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey, don't forget that you can enter the Disney Year of a Million Dreams prize giveaway via mail-in postcard!

goofysbabe
03-23-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm going thru it too! Our last trip was Aug. 06 right before school started. We just bought a house so we won't get to go until 2008. I'm driving my dh crazy - it's all I talk about. I check in here daily - read lots & lots of trip reports. I'm working on my Disney scrapbook from my last trip and I (when I get a chance - trying to get settled from the move) watch the vacation videos. When anybody mentions going I tell them I'll help plan their trip if they need me to. But in the end I just take it one day at a time and keep a list of must do's & what ADR's I'm gonna have to make when I do book that trip at the end of 2007!!!

JPL
03-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I have amassed a large WDW and Disney Home Video Collection. I have everything from the official videos sold at the parks, home movies attractions, sitcoms at WDW, TV specials from the Travel Channel and other sources, Vacation Planning Videos. So one way is to just pop in a DVD. I also listen to some WDW podcats that feature audio from the parks. Of course there is Intercot.:thumbsup:

darthmacho
03-23-2007, 12:50 PM
I too am going through withdrawals. We didn't get to go last year for financial reasons and we cant go this year b/c DH got a new job and doesn't get a vacation this year (we are settleing with weekends here and there to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO). We won't be able to go until summer '08. I am so frustrated I could scream. DH says I make it worse for him and the kids by complaining about it and making comments like "the weather is sunny and in the 70's in Orlando" and, after seeing commercials, "I guess we will miss the year of a million dreams". I try to get by with Intercot, Live 365, youtube, and anything else i can find, but darn it, I want to go to WDW!

Thank you for tipping me off to youtube, I just watched the most fun WDW home video there. I'm going back to look for more! :mickey:

goofyfan4466
03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Alright, I need help! I am going through Disney withdrawl right now. How do you cut the craving of Disney until your next trip? There is only so many pics I can re-look at, only so many websites I can visit, and only so many times I can watch ride video's on youtube. I still can't get enough. What do you do????

i know what you mean, i've had to cancel last 2 trips due to getting hurt at work.i don't know what to do either! ( i pm ed you )

Figment78
03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Me too! Me too! It's so bad this year! We've only been back from our trip for about a month and I am obsessed with checking flights and vacation deals to see if I can convince myself and DH to go back right away!

Here's my problem. WE'RE NOT PLANNING TO GO BACK UNTIL 2010 at the earliest! We're trying to start a family and my DH says 2 1/2 is the youngest he will take a child. (thanks for all the good arguments for taking young children, by the way!)

That's over 3 years away.... :( I don't think I'm going to make it. TGFI (Thank God for Intercot!)

Bethis26fan
03-23-2007, 03:05 PM
My first trip was this past Nov and can we say hook, line and sinker. I fell in love. My next trip isn't till this Nov. and still being very new to disney I'm enjoy reading history and facts about wdw and it helps some. I'm so ready to go back. 246 days to go. :mickey:

mcjaco
03-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I guess I'm in the minority. I just went to Epcot on Wednesday to kill time after a convention that took me to Orlando. I was actually bored. I think I've OD'ed on Disney. In the past six months I've been to MK, AK, MGM, Epcot (3 seperate times), DL and DCA.

Too much of a good thing can be bad!

disneykat
03-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I haven't been to Disney since last September and I'm having major withdrawal. We are planning another September trip. I have a friend in Disney right now that is supposed to be bringing me Mickey rice-krispy bars. That should help for awhile. Another crazy thing I'm doing is redoing my guest room. I'm making a Disney Suite out of it. I ordered a bunch of things from the Disney site including sheets, pillows, drawer pulls for a dresser, etc. I've also made black and white copies of a bunch of our family Disney pictures the past 15 years. I'm planning to buy black frames and hang them in the room. I figured when I needed a Disney fix, I'd go sleep in there for a night! A bit extreme? Perhaps! But it should do the trick for awhile! :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I have a large collection of Disney music so I listen to as much Disney park music that I can...fills my craving :mickey:

800th Post!!!! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
03-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Another way I feed my my Disney obsession, is to help others plan their Disney trip.

I'm working with a lady from my office who is trying to decide whether to go in late May. I think I've got them sold on it, and staying on-property. Her husband wanted to stay off-property because he didn't think they could afford to stay in a Disney hotel. Somehow, he had come up with a price in the neighborhood of $6k for the 4 of them, for 4 days. I showed her how to go on to the Disney website and look at different hotels and packages, and we were able to put together a nice package with them staying at Boardwalk for right around $3k and included the dining plan!

So, when I can't get excited about my own trip, I can help others plan there's and get excited with/for them.

magicman
03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I guess I'm in the minority. I just went to Epcot on Wednesday to kill time after a convention that took me to Orlando. I was actually bored. I think I've OD'ed on Disney. In the past six months I've been to MK, AK, MGM, Epcot (3 seperate times), DL and DCA.

Too much of a good thing can be bad!

BLASPHEMY!!!:razz:

You're just bragging about all of your trips to make us jealous:envy: ...& it worked.;)

Clotho
03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
I suggest finding a new project to focus on! Pick a room in your house to redecorate. Find a new craft to learn or re-learn and make some unexpected gifts for friends. Learn a new computer program, or play an online game. Refocus yourself on other things where your obsessive energy can channel for a while.

This is how I do it. I jump from one project to another, or one plan or one obsession, to another. Keeps me from feeling frustrated, stunted, or burned out in any one area or pursuit. Keeps things fresh. And it also keeps me from banging my head against a wall. That is, sometimes it can feel frustrating or sad or even fully depressing to be obsessing over Disney when I don't have any opportunity to plan a new trip (or obsess on a new kitchen when I don't have money to remodel it, or fill in any other example). It's unfulfilled wishing which makes you feel like your spinning your wheels and accomplishing nothing of value or substance. You know what I mean?

With spring coming, I bet there are a dozen little things you can do to "nest" a bit that would take your mind off of Disney and create something for yourself that will make you feel good about what you're accomplishing.

Magic Smiles
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Our whole house is so depressed. For the last 2 years we have been in WDW at this time of the year. We left on the last Wednesday of April in both 2005 (for 2 weeks) & 2006 (for 20 nights). This year I talked DH and DS into going for 16 night (5 - 21 Dec 07) so that I could see Disney in all of its Christmas splendor. Thought it would be nice to experience a new experience and I am sure that it will. Have to tell you all though, it sure has been sad around our house. Doesn't help that it has been dull and raining for the last few days here either and sunny and warm in Disney.
I was actually in the process of searching for some Disney Travel videos to watch on the internet when I stumbled upon this thread. We live in Canada and our travel channel doesn't carry the same shows as the American travel channel and therefore did not get to see all the Disney shows that were aired on 1 Apr 07. We have watched the Disney DVDs that they send to you a couple of times, looked at photos, but we still need more! I think that I will have to purchase the park videos on our trip in Dec 07 to help these withdrawals. I also just got a great new HiDef Camcorder so I will be video taping everything this coming December.
So much that I should be doing around the house and so little is being accomplished by being on Intercot all the time!