PDA

View Full Version : 407-wdw-dine Outsourced?

RPHX2NC
03-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Has Disney outsourced their dining call center?

I called got right through and did not have to wait for a representative. Great. Unlike the past where you get the message that if you are still holding CRT is already gone.

However my representative had a strong Indian accent, not that strange, but there were obvious problems on the line. There was an underlying static and there were 10-15 times during the call that I could not tell if it had been dropped. There was no surrounding noise, as if this person was by themselves. None of these things were like previous times I have called. She was very polite, somewhat slow, but did not interject any comments like in the past "Boma is wonderful." It just seemed strange:confused:

Having said this. I got all my ressies! The only time I could not get exactaly was dinner at Ohana. I had to take a ressie 30 minutes later than I wanted.

Lineup Sept 19-25
Ohana dinner
LTT dinner
50's dinner
Askerhaus breakfast
Marrakesh dinner
Whispering Canyon Dinner
Boatwright's breakfast

bibbidiboo3
03-23-2007, 07:38 AM
I called to make ADR's last week and was able to get right through. I asked the woman if she was at Disney and she said that they were in a center a few minutes away.

jefmblrd
03-23-2007, 07:51 AM
All I can add is that two people I spoke to while making ADR's both talked about eating in the parks on a regular basis and were very knowledgable about the restaurants (more so than could be learned from a manual, etc.) One woman even remarked that they allowed Disney employees to use the dining plan, so she had been eating at all the different restaurants.

CanadianWDWFan
03-23-2007, 07:55 AM
The last time we called in, about 2 weeks ago or so, my DW was talking to the CM about restaurant choices and was told that they enjoy trying all the different restaurants.

As for out sourcing, I hope that they never do it. I had problems with my airline and my lost baggage. Most of the issues was the fact that the call centre couldn't really grasp what I was asking. But that is in another post.

PrincessEmmasMommy
03-23-2007, 08:18 AM
I know they have a reservation center in Tampa. When I went to college at USF in Tampa many of my friends worked for the center there.

SBETigg
03-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I have always been able to get through without much more than a minute on the line, often right away. I made my ADRs about a month ago and ended up calling a few times.

The first time, I had a fantastic CM (Tom) who shared brief descriptions of the restaurants, talked about which were his favorites, even offered advice on which were the best use of my DP. He was just wonderful. I knew he had actually been to the restaurants, enjoyed WDW, and he made me feel really good about my dining choices. The second time, I had a fairly apathetic, all-business type woman. The third time, I had a guy who didn't even seem very friendly.

Every time I was asked to do a phone survey after the call, and I did. Every call, you could hear the steady buzz of the call center behind the CM and voices of other people taking ADRs.

HockeyKat
03-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I work here in the US, and I am the only non-Indian member of my team.

You may have just gotten someone who was born elsewhere and is now working here.

Or, here's to hoping anyhow...