PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY!! Spring in your step...

MickeysGirl
03-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Good Morning folks and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

I'm don't know about you guys, but a change in season around here always makes me happy. Especially when that change is going AWAY from being cold and onto prettier days when we can actually sit on our deck in the back of the house and just enjoy the air. :vacation:

So according to the calendar, yesterday was the first day of SPRING! :sun: So let's get this party going as we wave "Bye Bye!" to those colder temperatures!

Welcome one and all to today's...

Spring Fever Friday Party :sun:

Happy Friday Everybody!

Specialty Drink of the day: :beer: Springtime
... with lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always ...
:wine: :papple: :marg:

Have a great weekend everyone! We're actually going to get a bit of culture this weekend when we take Little Nigel to the theatre to see a live performance of "The Little Prince"! He's very excited. Enjoy the warm wherever you are!

For those interested..

SPRINGTIME

4 cl. Absolut KurantŪ
1 cl. Lime Juice
10 cl. Cranberry juice
3 cl. Bitter Lemon Soda

Poor ingredients over lots of ice.Garnish with slice of lime.

Caroleh
03-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!!

I'll take a lot of springtime, but I'll have to wait until after work!!! (maybe, I'll take a couple during work, just to help deal with my staff!!!:blush: )

aprilisis
03-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Happy Friday, everyone!!!!!!
:woohoo: I am planning to do major spring cleaning this weekend. I'm in the mood for it after the LONGEST week of the year (for me) so far!!

DVC2004
03-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Happy Friday! I will definitely have a Springtime!:marg: It's warming up around these parts as well, and much welcomed might I add!

CanadianWDWFan
03-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Happy Friday everyone! That Springtime sounds just right! :marg: I am so glad that Spring is finally here.

JanetMegan
03-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Happy Friday!!!! I think I'll skip that Springtime and just hit the :marg: hard this morning ;)

I brought chips and cheese dip too!

scottgr
03-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Happy Friday to ALL. I am so glad spring time is finally here. I had a enought of the cold and the snow. Have a great weekend :beer:

Mickey'sGirl
03-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Happy Friday!!!! I think I'll skip that Springtime and just hit the :marg: hard this morning ;)

I brought chips and cheese dip too!
Thank goodness! I though someone was going to sneak some of those Peep things in here Janet :sick: !

I'd love a Springtime drinkie Jamie! I have brought some potted spring bulbs for atmosphere -- and some Cadbury mini-eggs to munch on! Enjoy! :mickey:

Nascfan
03-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Happy Friday everyone! :flower: :sun:

It certainly has felt like spring around here this week, complete with some nice warmer temps and some springtime storms thrown in for good measure. Things should be greening up rather quickly. Soon it will be time for :golf: and :baseball: and :bike: and before we know it, :swim: ! I do enjoy this whole period of the year. :thumbsup:

JanetMegan
03-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey if you know me, you'll KNOW I wouldn't bring PEEPS-:sick:

offwego
03-23-2007, 09:43 AM
That sounds neat. But what's a cl.? I'm good with oz. ml but that's got me stumped.

Happy Happy Friday all!

drummerboy
03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
That sounds neat. But what's a cl.? I'm good with oz. ml but that's got me stumped.

Must be cubic litres, no?

HAPPY FRIDAY and HAPPY SPRING

Spring has definitely sprung here. The no-see-ums are already out in force.

Jeremy
03-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Happy Friday!!:mickey:

MickeysGirl
03-23-2007, 09:54 AM

Here's my best guess...
cen·ti·li·ter (snt-ltr)
n. Abbr. cl
A metric unit of volume equal to one hundredth (10-2) of a liter.

I have a program that gives me drink recipes, some of them are in Metric. I'll admit, I don't always look at the portions as much as I look at the ingredients! :blush:

Drinks are on the bar folks... :beer: :marg: :wine: :papple:

offwego
03-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Here's my best guess...
cen·ti·li·ter (snt-ltr)
n. Abbr. cl
A metric unit of volume equal to one hundredth (10-2) of a liter.

I have a program that gives me drink recipes, some of them are in Metric. I'll admit, I don't always look at the portions as much as I look at the ingredients! :blush:

Drinks are on the bar folks... :beer: :marg: :wine: :papple:
ah thanks so much!!

mtown71
03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Happy Friday all!!!! I will have to pass on the drinks since I still have to go to work. I brought some Peeps to share! (sorry, couldn't resist!!!):thedolls:

Beach Club Babe
03-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Happy Friday and Happy Spring Everyone!:woohoo: :clappy: :muscles:

I'm so happy to beat my first Friday party in forever that all :marg: :beer: are on me!

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Happy Friday

Hey since I am in here early....... I brought the band with me.......

:drummer: :piano: :pipes: :play:

:cop: :tigger:

ChipDale
03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
:sun: :flower: Happy Friday and Happy Spring! :flower: :sun:

Jamie, that Springtime drinks sounds good! :marg: I'll have one of those please with a 6X :beer: chaser! :D

MsMin
03-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Happy Spring time Everyone.
and Happy Friday
I start spring w/a broken A/C unit. :(
I have my three kids b/d's this wknd, actually Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Rachel wants a crawfish boil and I can't let Bret know b/c he might convince her to look for crawfish in my pond;)
We have plenty b/d cake here (or will) Maybe I can recruit some help w/ decorating the cakes. Everyone is invited for crawfish as soon as I get that pot boiling.
I'm still on my morning coffee pot, thinking I have soo much to do. I'll just take a shot in the coffee now and I'll take a Sprintime drink for later they look so so good. I love citrus and cranberry esp w/ vodka:marg:
Again, Happy Spring...

weswerx
03-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Happy Friday All!:party:
Believe it or not, I'm actually off today (for now anyway) and wouldn't you know it, but I feel yukky with some kind of chest infection. So today, I would like lots of hot tea....
So using my best Cpt. Picard impersonation....

Computer...
Earl Grey...
Hot...
:surf:

Have a great Friday everyone!

vizsla
03-23-2007, 12:12 PM
:party: Happy Friday Everyone :party:

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Hey everyone! I finally made it! Are there any Peeps left? If not, no worry - I brought a truckload more to share! Any of you guys know how to run a forklift? Might need one to get all these pallets of Peeps off this truck! :D

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend! Get out there and enjoy the weather! (spring cleaning can wait!):cool:

pogo
03-23-2007, 03:10 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY SPRING TO ALL !

OK..... I'll take a Springtime ! And I'll have some chips & cheese dip ....... HEY .... where'd all the cheese dip go ?

I know I'm late but all there is left to munch on are peeps and these other hard round things. Here's a sign that say's there spring bulbs... what ever they are....... hey.... they don't taste to bad..... a little hard, but better than a peep. Thanks for saving me something to eat ! :D

2Epcot
03-23-2007, 04:14 PM
It's a very happy Friday for me since it is one of those rare Fridays that I don't have to work. I woke up thinking it was Saturday already.

Happy Friday to Everyone!

tinkwest
03-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Slide a Springtime down the bar! I could use one!

Not big on Peeps, not in the mood for chips.
Hm . . . how about I offer up some Jelly Bellys in assorted flavors.

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Any of you guys know how to run a forklift? Might need one to get all these pallets of Peeps off this truck!

Hey let me try......... I can do it....... PLEASE............

:drive:

ElenitaB
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Is the bar still open? It's been one of those weeks and I sure could use a Springtime (both in a glass and outside as well).

Happy weekend, everyone! And happy b-days to Beth's kiddies! :party:

SgtTigger
03-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Rachel wants a crawfish boil and I can't let Bret know b/c he might convince her to look for crawfish in my pond;)

Remember to save some for the Omelet for breakfast.... I am cooking one tomorrow morning again.....

Rachel would love it...........

Dr_Nigel_C
03-23-2007, 10:45 PM
The bar is most definitely still open!!!

Drinks are on the way! Happy Friday, everyone.

Oh, and Wes...just for you: I'll "Make it so". Hope you get to feelin better.

:teleport:

mtown71
03-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey let me try......... I can do it....... PLEASE............

:drive:

OH NO!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!! :eyes: :stop: Well, there went the rest of the peeps. :fit: If anyone wants anymore, you will have to scrape them off the ground. No more driving forklifts for you, mister!:nope:

SgtTigger
03-25-2007, 06:29 PM
No Deb you don't understand I was opening them for everyone.... Yea thats it...... See now they are ready to eat..... See...... Look see......

disneydrmr
03-26-2007, 09:32 AM
No Deb you don't understand I was opening them for everyone.... Yea thats it...... See now they are ready to eat..... See...... Look see......

Um, Brett, I know people eat Peeps frozen, I know they eat them fresh from the packaging, and they eat them stale. I have even heard of people blowing them up in the microwave.. BUT.. I've NEVER heard of them being eaten with forklift tracks running over them....

SgtTigger
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Um, Brett, I know people eat Peeps frozen, I know they eat them fresh from the packaging, and they eat them stale. I have even heard of people blowing them up in the microwave.. BUT.. I've NEVER heard of them being eaten with forklift tracks running over them....

No No No :stop: I was making them FLAT yea See how big they are flat....... Look they are good... see....... :here:

JanetMegan
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
You don't need a forklift...you need a steamroller!!! One steamroller coming up!

disneydrmr
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
No No No :stop: I was making them FLAT yea See how big they are flat....... Look they are good... see....... :here:

You don't need a forklift...you need a steamroller!!! One steamroller coming up!

Um, who has the extra large spatuala?

SgtTigger
03-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Um, who has the extra large spatuala?

Wait hang on Ill be right back with one.......

disneydrmr
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
ACK! :eyes: :eek: Everybody run! I have no idea what that thing is Brett has - but it DOES NOT look safe.......:bolt: