PDA

View Full Version : Construction at Animal Kingdom Lodge

ScottyP
03-23-2007, 07:19 AM
My family and I are headed to the AKL in May and I was wondering if the construction of the new villas will be noticable? I read the first stage is an addition to the existing lodge and I am wondering how this will affect our stay. Is it worth considering another resort?

ibrowse17
03-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Not sure, but at least it will be only during the day. You should not be bothered by it at all during the evenings.:thumbsup:

Figment!
03-23-2007, 01:24 PM
The only notice that has been issued (to date) by Walt Disney World Operations is in relation to the construction of the new buildings.

From rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp)
The Animal Kingdom Lodge will conduct a major construction project March 5, 2007 through April 30, 2009. The project entails the addition of the new Animal Kingdom Villa buildings in the vicinity of the Lodge, Guests may see and/or hear signs of construction. All construction is scheduled for daytime hours only; such that, Guests will not encounter any disruptions during normal sleeping hours.