PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about Fantasmic and a little one.

maryfaye727
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
I am a complete newbie, so I don't really know anything! After reading this forum, I immediately made ADR for the dinner package and Fantasmic. But now I am second guessing myself. My DS will be 3 the week after we are at WDW. He doesn't like fire at all! So, is Fantasmic a bad idea. Do you see a lot of fire? Is it really loud with a lot of BOOMs? Can someone tell me what it is like? :confused:

Thanks for any advice!
Mary

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
First of all, :welcome: to Intercot!!!!

If your child is timid at all I would not do Fantasmic. It's a great show, but there is a lot of noise, water explosions, fire, and some fairly scary (for Disney) bad guys. As fun as it is, it can be quite intense for little ones. You know your child best.

DisneyMP3Maker
03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Fantasmic is pretty loud and has bright lights, including setting the water on fire (lots of fire). Plus, it might be hard to get a 3 year old to sit still for 30 min during the show.

maryfaye727
03-22-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm probably going to mark that off my list of stuff to do!!

Thank you everyone!!:mickey:

LAULIPOP
03-23-2007, 08:12 AM
If you're still reading this, I would check out YouTube - they have videos of it that I watched and actually had my 5 yr old watch some of it. We decided it was ok for him, esp now that he has had some prep! The quality is not great but it will give you an idea.

Belle1217
03-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I was there in Dec. 2 weeks before my son turned 3 and it did scare him a bit. He did not cry but did hide his face for most of the show. I found on another site the whole show and let all my kids watch it several times before we got there so that may help. Good luck

Tigerlilly
03-24-2007, 12:06 PM
We dine rather frequently at our local Japanese steak house with our 2 year old. She loves the show but hates the sudden fire and smoke.
Her father gets her out of her highchair and holds her when we know it is going to happen and if he is holding her she is fine. Alone in the highchair she freaks out.
We are planning to do Fantasmic with the same plan. Daddy will hold her:)

spoonfulosugar
03-24-2007, 12:53 PM
You could always try it and see how he does. It wouldn't be a big deal to sneak out of the show. We had our son there in Dec (16 mo at the time) and he was fine and seemed to enjoy it.

SAnderson70769
03-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Last May, my daughter had turned 3 in January - she got a little bit scared during the bad guy scenes but I talked her through it and explained how she needed to watch and see Mickey and the good guys beat out the bad guys and make them go away! She ended up loving it and we are going again in May (she'll be 4 this time) and keeps asking about seeing Fantasmic - probably just depends on the child but holding her and talking her through the show overcame her fears.