PDA

View Full Version : How to find what conventions at CS, beers etc

Crow
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
is there a place that i can find out what conventions may be going on at CS when i am there in May?
also what :beer: and drinks are at the bar?
ive stayed there once, didnt eat too much at Pepper Mkt and didnt try Maya or the bar.
stayed at Rancho and was thinking i would like one of the other areas

RPHX2NC
03-23-2007, 07:43 AM
The drinks were great. We spent most of the time at the pool bar. In Sept 05 you could order off the menu at the pool on the DDP. We enjoyed Margaritas, Daiquiris, beer, kids had non-alcoholic daiquiris with whipped cream. They had domestics I think Bud and some basic imports. I think Amstel, Fosters. We had a great time had a huge bar bill at the end of the week. Husband spent some time in bar when kids went to sleep and watched sports. The conventions were are none factor. Buses to the parks were empty and so was the pool. You would see them at pepper market and in the hot tub only. I would love to stay there again but now we are a family of 5.

Maya grill is great. Dined twice. We stayed in Cabanas near the main building.

Crow
03-23-2007, 10:21 AM
thanks
i hope the have Dos Equis like at Mexico in WS
and i might do some tequila.
i usually eat at WS, so didnt eat at Maya last time and only ate a stromboli i think at Pepper, but i might use CS credit there this trip.
i didnt notice the conventioneers too much either other than the main building. i did waste some time at the pool bar before my trip back to the airport.
thought the Cabanas wouldnt b as good a choice as i thought the conventioneers stayed there, but they look nice and i didnt really like the Ranchos.

LisaMarie
03-24-2007, 05:50 AM
I don't think you can get a list of the conventions held there. When I attended symposium at Coronado Springs last September the organization sent me an e-mail with a special link to arrange park tickets, magical express, etc. Also, they do not put convention attendees in one particular area. I had a room in Casitas 3 (very nice and only a 3 min walk to lobby). Other persons I knew who were attending the same symposium had rooms in both the cabanas and the ranchos. The woman who had a room in the ranchos was constantly complaining about the length of the walk. On the second night I walked her to her room because she was still confused about the resort layout (nobody at check-in had told her that the resort was divided into 3 sections). I found that it was a lovely 6 or 7 minute walk around the beautiful lake at night back to my room in the Casitas. I guess everybody has a different tolerence for walking. The bus service was good. Not crowded at all. I was the only person, out of about 50, that I encountered at the symposium, who even went to the parks. Everybody else just stayed a Coronado Springs or went to Downtown Disney. We ate at Maya Grill one night. The food was good but really meat centered. I tend to prefer pasta and less steak type stuff. Service was fabulous but the waiter knew we were from a convention so you tend to tip higher (I know he got a $10 tip on a $40 bill from me because it was easier to just leave $50). Waiter had no problem accomodating a late arrival and gave her a drink at no charge because she asked for a non-frozen margarita and got a frozen one, He brought her the correct drink and removed the incorrect drink from the bill ( although I eventually paid by guiding a woman who should not have had 2 margaritas around MGM!) Pepper Market food was superior to other Disney food court offerings. Even the pizza is good. The soup with bread is the best value ( a satisfying Disney meal for $5.95). I was never disappointed. If you get the food for take-out (food court is busy when conventions break for lunch) you do not have to pay the 10% service charge. There is a lovely courtyard with tables around the corner from the Maya Grill. All in all it was a delightful 4 days (however my work paid for it). I got in a serious Disney mood and took my nieces to Port Orleans French Quarter a few months later which was also nice. I can't think of any negtive experience with Coronado Springs.

Crow
03-24-2007, 07:31 PM
yes i dont remember the conventioneers being too visible, mayb just sitting by the lake on breaks.
i am planning on taking advantage more of Pepper Mkt, mayb using a CS credit. and pizza being good is good!