PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Ticket Prices Rising? When?

asrai555
03-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I just read in a guidebook that ticket prices will be going up in "Spring of 2007". Does anyone know when this will happen?

Also, will the change be effective immediately - i.e. will it effect tickets in November of 2007?

Lastly (whew!) if I reserve a package tomorrow, even if I don't pay in full, will I get the current rate for tickets?

Thank you! :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 10:27 PM
No official word of ticket prices has come down yet. It was rumored to be January, then February, but nothing happened. If you booked tomorrow, your rate is locked in unless you changed and rebooked later.

mttafire
03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
No official word of ticket prices has come down yet. It was rumored to be January, then February, but nothing happened. If you booked tomorrow, your rate is locked in unless you changed and rebooked later.
Yep..No need to worry about it. Just book now and you'll be locked in.:mickey: Besides, If the increase is like all others..It wont be a big deal.

rsumrall
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
If you booked tomorrow, your rate is locked in unless you changed and rebooked later.

That is good to know!! I may book soon for our Feb. '08 trip.

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 11:04 PM

Let me clarify my original statement - the rates for 2007 would be locked in. 2008 prices have not yet been announced (probably in August or so), and therefore, while you can put your deposit down on your vacation package for Feb. 2008, no firm price can be given until the rates for 2008 are released.

KAJUNKING
03-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Let me clarify my original statement - the rates for 2007 would be locked in. 2008 prices have not yet been announced (probably in August or so), and therefore, while you can put your deposit down on your vacation package for Feb. 2008, no firm price can be given until the rates for 2008 are released.

let me clarify this, if i have a trip booked in sept, and free dining is announced, but in the meantime ticket prices go up and i want to re-book to get the free dining, will i be subject to the new ticket prices? will my package price go up?

Strmchsr
03-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I believe what you're saying is correct, but I'm not 100% sure, so I would suggest contacting one of the Magical Journeys folks about that. From my understanding, if a discount comes along after you've already booked, you essentially have to cancel and rebook to get the new rate, which subjects you to the new ticket price.

LudwigVonDrake
03-24-2007, 09:34 AM
What guidebook did you read this in? :mickey2:

breezysmom
03-24-2007, 10:05 AM

I was told by a travel agent you cant book for Feb '08 till June or July?? Is that incorrect?

Tink1
03-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Package Prices for 2008 are not released yet, so you cannot book them yet.

They will not be released until later in the year. (usually over the summer) Usually we see an increase in the package pricing from year to year.

If they did do a mid year raise on ticket prices across the board and you have a current package booked (2007) you maintain your rate as long as you do not modify the reservation.

If you add a promotional code, then you are usually subject to the increased ticket price. BUT the increased ticket price is usually only a few dollars, so the code will still save you money in the long run.

Hope that helps.

Nanc

Strmchsr
03-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks so much for clearing everything up, Nanc. :thumbsup:

asrai555
03-24-2007, 01:12 PM
What guidebook did you read this in? :mickey2:

The UnOfficial Guide

TheRustyScupper
03-24-2007, 01:42 PM
let me clarify this, if i have a trip booked in sept, and free dining is announced, but in the meantime ticket prices go up and i want to re-book to get the free dining, will i be subject to the new ticket prices? will my package price go up?

1) Yes you will pay the higher ticket price.
2) A new ressie is a new ressie.
3) Regardless if it was a re-book.

battle beast
03-24-2007, 03:11 PM
If I were to buy a 8 day park hopper ticket, today, how long do I have to use it? Would it still be good in Novmber, 07?

KAJUNKING
03-24-2007, 04:52 PM
If I were to buy a 8 day park hopper ticket, today, how long do I have to use it? Would it still be good in Novmber, 07?

it expires 14 days after the first use unless you purchase the no expiration upgrade

and thanks to everyone who answered my question, i thought thats how it worked and wanted to clarify :mickey:

LoriMistress
03-25-2007, 06:51 PM
If you're worried about ticket prices going up, either buy your tickets in advance through ticketmania or undercovertourist. If you have a mousesavers newsletter they send you a link for a much lower discount through undercovertourist. I purchsed my tickets throughout undercovertourist and saved lots of money. For two adults 10 day PH Tickets we paid total $529 (including tax and shippping). And shipping comes extremely fast. We recieved our tickets yesterday and I orded my tickets either Tuesday or Wednesday. I also purchased my PI and DQ tickets through ticketmania.