PDA

View Full Version : beach club and epcot

hooberry
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
We are planning to eat Character breakfast at the Beach club resort, I heard you can walk to epcot from there, is this true or is the distance
unrealistic ? Our plan is to get from All stars (we are staying at Movies)on the bus, get off at epcot and walk to Beach Club for breakfast, or is there a better way?

BronxTigger
03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
The back of the Beach Club is next to the back of Epcot. Walking from the Beach Club to Epcot (the International Gateway between UK and France) will take you 5-10 minutes.

The problem will be getting from AS Movies to the Beach Club, because you can't get from the front entrance of Epcot to the Beach Club without walking through Epcot (which requires admission to the park, along with the park being open at the time you are going to breakfast).

To get to the Beach Club from AS Movies before Epcot is open, take the AS Movies bus to MGM. In front of MGM, there is a boat that goes to the Epcot resorts, including the Beach Club. There is also a pathway that will take 20 minutes or so from MGM to get to the Beach Club. You will not need to enter MGM to transfer. The only thing is if your breakfast is very early I don't know what your transportation options will be.

BrerGnat
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
You will spend a LONG time trying to get from AS to BC for breakfast if you rely on WDW transportation.

Save yourself some sanity and take a TAXI from your hotel to the BC, then walk into Epcot after breakfast. Trust me, the cab ride will easily save about an hour of travel time.

The walk into Epcot is about 5 minutes from the Beach Club.

Jeri Lynn
03-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I agree with Natalie, take a taxi, it's the easiest solution.

Maleficent's Dad
03-23-2007, 09:32 AM
I heard you can walk to epcot from there, is this true or is the distance unrealistic ?
No problem at all. Walking at a regular pace will put you in EPCOT from Cape May in less than 10 minutes easy. You'll enter the Int'l Gateway between the UK and France. :mickey:

Our plan is to get from All stars (we are staying at Movies)on the bus, get off at epcot and walk to Beach Club for breakfast, or is there a better way?
I have to agree with the above posts. This may not be the "best" way of doing it. You'd have to walk from your bus stop, to the "main" entrance of EPCOT, through FW into WS, past Canada & the UK and exit. Then you have 5 minutes to the BC. That's a pretty long way of getting to Cape May.
Since it's early in the morning, DTD bus exchange is out of the question. I wouldn't recommend changing buses at MK or AK from your resort to the BC (EPCOT and MGM do not have buses to BC).
I would have to concur - taxi would be your best option and save you significant time in making the trip. :mickey:

momef3grls
03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
I don't know if she was just an outstanding cm but we did this last year. DH and I had breakfast at Cape May and we had to get there from AKL. We were the only 2 on the bus and we just asked. All it took was a radio call to dispatch and off we were to the front doors of BC. Made our trip memorable and wrote a letter to Disney complimenting the bus driver. We tried to tip her as thanks also, but all she said was just come back and visit WDW again and that is tip enough for me.

MsMin
03-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I agree, if you don't want to take a Taxi then a walk from MGM might be quicker than the front of EPCOT. IMO the boats are better than walking but may not be running early. It really depends on which park has EMH. I don't think a Taxi would be that expensive from the AS's it's a straight drive (except parking areas) and would save a lot of time. It was $15 for a van taxi b/c we were 7ppl from BWI to CR last Dec. and I think that included the tip.

wendy*darling
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I am a big proponent of WDW transportation. :thumbsup:

If it was me, I would take the bus to MGM, and then walk or boat over to the Beach Club.

You didn't say how early your ADR for breakfast is. Is it before or after park opening? MGM has a character breakfast that starts at 8am- so buses to MGM will be starting at 7am. That should work fine for you.

Auntie
03-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree a bus to MGM..and then either walk or hopefully the water taxi is running..and that's a lovely way to get there. The breakfast at the Cape May is wonderful. We always include that as part of our trip. We usually stay at the WL..and since we have a car, we drive to the BC..but always walk right into Epcot afterwards. World Showcase entrance is right there..and I think you come in around France. We also usually include a dinner to the Cape May and do the same to catch Illuminations in the Evening at Epcot.

disney323
03-31-2007, 10:34 PM
The easiest way with disney transportation would be to go to MGM and then keep walking to the right of the entrance and take a water ferry to the Beachclub. If you have the time and want to do a few things on your way, it is also easy to go to Epcot and and plan to exit on the otherside of the park at the international gateway. From this point it is only a easy 5 minute walk.

DisneyDudet
03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
If you do the MGM idea, it is much faster to walk to BC than it is to take the boat. The boat, even if there is one waiting, still has to stop at the swan/dolphin.

The boat is slow moving. We beat the boat many times from MGM to Epcot and vice versa, plus the walk is nice.

Depending on how early your ADR's are, you may have to use a taxi.

disneymom2000
04-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Both items you mentioned are two of the Beach Clubs biggest selling points. I have a character breakfast at Cape May every trip. The walk to the International gateway is about 3-5 minutes once you get on the sidewalk from the Beach Club (I have back problems and I usually just stoll to get there). But I never take a chance on making a reservation with the bus system. I would take a taxi especially to Cape May because there always seems to be a waiting line at this restaurant.:cloud9: