PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Presidents Actor??

jaredkari
03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
My wife and I went to HoP for the last show of the day one time and the castmember let us in on a secret. He informed us that one of the AA was down and that it had to be replaced by an actor. He then challenged us to spot him among the presidents.

I was wondering if anyone else has been there when this occured and were you able to spot the actor?? :mickey:

Goofeygal
03-22-2007, 08:45 PM
I have never heard this before, interesting:mickey:

TinkRocks
03-22-2007, 09:40 PM
I, too, have never heard of this.

I would imagine that if any of the Audio Animatronics (other than Lincoln, Washington, and Bush) were not functioning, they could still run the show.

McLiberal8
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds like a CM inside joke, but, maybe not. ;) Has anyone ever noticed an actor, really?

mttafire
03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I say its a joke..

jaredkari
03-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry guys.. it is a joke.

The CM ended the show by informing us the actor among the Presidents was Ronald Reagan. He was the only president that was an actor.

We thought it was pretty funny:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Def. a joke...as a former cast memeber, we get bored...we must entertain ourselves...sorry guys.

Jasper
04-02-2007, 05:43 PM
I know the secret to this thread has already been revealed but I thought you might find some additional information to be interesting.

Several years ago I was at Disney World for a seminar. During the course of the week we toured all of the parks during both their open hours and at night when they were doing maintenance.

During the course of the tours one of the people responsible for engineering at the HoP said that they have full replacements for the primary speaking presidents which includes Washington, Lincoln, and the current president ready to go in case of a catastrophic failure. They are not clothed but are built and on the shelf. They also have a standard set of replacements that can work for the more minor presidents as well. Apparantly they have the presidents grouped into a few groups of like size and by simply changing masks and clothes can make them look like someone else very quickly. By the way, I use the term "mask" very looseley.

Just thought you might find this interesting.

indytraveler
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
During the course of the tours one of the people responsible for engineering at the HoP said that they have full replacements for the primary speaking presidents which includes Washington, Lincoln, and the current president ready to go in case of a catastrophic failure.

Just thought you might find this interesting.

This is interesting because I was witness to a major catastrophe a few years back. I said something to a CM as I was leaving and they just smiled and said it won't be as long as you think. It was an Abe Lincoln meltdown I'm not sure you can replace that. Hydraulic fluids everywhere... I didn't go back to see how long they were actually down, but it would have been interesting to know.

LoriMistress
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Sounds like to me that the CM might have been messing with you.

battle beast
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Hah! That was funny!

MickeyAD
04-02-2007, 11:12 PM
I wonder if that CM who told that joke was the one I remember the last time I was at HoP last August. He offered more trivia on former presidents than I ever could have imagined. It was fascinating to listen to his stories about former presidents.

Tigerinvestigator
04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
I wonder if that CM who told that joke was the one I remember the last time I was at HoP last August. He offered more trivia on former presidents than I ever could have imagined. It was fascinating to listen to his stories about former presidents.

I think we had the same CM you are talking about last May. He welcomed us into the waiting area and then spent 15 minutes giving a great history lesson full of trivia. It made the time go by fast and you could tell the guy loved his job. Definately the way Walt would have wanted a CM to act.:thumbsup:

MickeysBestPal
04-03-2007, 08:34 AM
This is interesting because I was witness to a major catastrophe a few years back. ... Hydraulic fluids everywhere... I didn't go back to see how long they were actually down, but it would have been interesting to know.

Yes.

I remember that one time Mr. Lincoln suddenly was totally engulfed in a cloud of white smoke.
When it cleared, only his skeleton remained!

Then, George Washington pulled off his mask and said "Remember me?"
It was the same CM who had been telling us presidential "trivia" before.

Some of the audience even applauded!

Then we went on to see a colorful room that was full of congress and senate members.
They sang a song.

Oh wait...

Scar
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I think I remember one show where Lincoln was playing chess with a beaver. :sleepin:

BelleandtheBeast
04-03-2007, 11:48 PM
When I read this I picked it up right away that is would be ronald regan since he WAS an actor before becoming president, lol

TheRustyScupper
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Sounds a little fishy to me.