PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom vs. SeaWorld

jaredkari
03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Ok try to put all of your love of WDW aside and answer this question honestly.

Which is better Magic Kingdom or SeaWorld?
Which would little kids enjoy more?
Which do you get more for your money?

Ok here is the deal. My wife and I are going to Florida with her sister and brother-in-law and their two little girls. We were going to go to MK but now they say they want to go to SeaWorld. They think that the girls will have more fun "interacting with the animals" there. That aside, these 2 little girls are princess FREAKS, they love all the Disney princess stuff. We are thinking that my wife's sister is really the one that wants to go to SeaWorld, but if given enough reasons that MK is better, we might be able to convince her:) Keep in mind that this sister is VERY stubborn.

So let loose! What ammo can you give us to convince her to go to MK instead of SeaWorld?

Thanks in advance, we REALLY need your help!!:mickey:

disneymajik
03-22-2007, 07:35 PM
If their little girls are into the princesses then of course MK is the place to go. Also, the rides in Fantasy Land and Toon Town are great for little ones.

As with anything little ones will always agree with whatever their parents tell them is fun since they don't really understand. You could tell them Chucky Chesse is more fun than MK and they'd go along!!

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
There simply is no contest here. The MK runs circles around SeaWorld. :walk:

If the girls are into Princesses? Wow! SeaWorld has nothing like the Princesses in their park.

MK's rides are better - much better theme on every ride. MK is the premier park on earth - not just my opinion, it's pretty much accepted as fact in the amusement park circles. Plus, statistically, the MK is the most popular place on earth. Why is this? Simply because it is the best! :mickey:

Speedy1998
03-22-2007, 07:59 PM
MK, much more for little ones to do there. Sea World only has Shamu Harbor, which only has a few "kiddie" rides and they are true kids rides, only a kid will like them. The kids will probably enjoy the Sea World shows but there are not many of them. You can see everything Sea World has to offer in about 6 to 7 hours.

MK has all of Fantasyland and Mickey's Toontown, which are geared toward kids and families. The great thing about MK rides is that families can all enjoy the rides together. Also the most of the attractions in the rest of the MK are things that the whole family can enjoy.

Also just thought of something you may want to point out to your s-i-l. There is a reason that MK has more than twice the annual attendance of Sea World.

jaredkari
03-22-2007, 08:02 PM
MK's rides are better - much better theme on every ride. MK is the premier park on earth - not just my opinion, it's pretty much accepted as fact in the amusement park circles. :mickey:

I could not agree with you more!! I am completely puzzled by her wanting to go to SeaWorld over MK. It makes no sense. Even if you have never been to either one..it is just an accepted fact that going to Disney World is a big deal for kids. I mean a BIG DEAL.

We have been to SeaWorld and it is just a glorified zoo basically.

SBETigg
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
The Magic Kingdom blows Sea World away. Far and away. If you did them both in the same trip, you would know what I mean instantly. They're just not even in the same league.

Not that Sea World isn't nice and fun with plenty to do. It's just not comparable. If I could only have one experience of the two, it would most definitely be the MK. Another plus with the MK is that there is more to do to please everyone. Sea World is a glorified aquarium with some extra rides and slightly more diverse offerings of wildlife. If you're a whale or shark person and really can't wait to see more of that, then MK would still be your place and you could fit a whale watch expedition or something in some other time, some other trip. Oh, plus, there isn't a whole lot of "interacting with the animals" at Sea World. There is some, but it's extremely limited. It's mostly standing and watching the animals, and that can be fascinating but it does get old fast for little ones.

Especially if the girls are into princesses. Did this sister skip her whole childhood or something? Does she not remember what it was like to engage her imagination and just let go and live in the fantasy?

Mariašoš
03-22-2007, 08:09 PM
MK is a billion times better than Sea World! How many days will you be at Disney? If I had to take one of the parks away to replace with Sea World it would be MGM. The little one's would definitely love Sea World over MGM.

AliceinDisney
03-22-2007, 08:41 PM
No contest Magic Kingdom is ten times better than Seaworld. As a child I barely remembered Seaworld but as an adult I remembered Magic Kingdom vividly right down to what colour the wallpaper was in the Haunted Mansion attraction, hehe But then I always thought I might be Walt Disney reincarnated. I love Disney so much.

Bear Lee
03-22-2007, 10:38 PM
MK all the way! not even close.

mttafire
03-22-2007, 10:42 PM
There simply is no contest here. The MK runs circles around SeaWorld. :walk:

If the girls are into Princesses? Wow! SeaWorld has nothing like the Princesses in their park.

MK's rides are better - much better theme on every ride. MK is the premier park on earth - not just my opinion, it's pretty much accepted as fact in the amusement park circles. Plus, statistically, the MK is the most popular place on earth. Why is this? Simply because it is the best! :mickey:
Agreed. Seaworld is not in the same league as Disney. Im not saying its not nice but....It certainly NOT nearly as nice as the M.K. You're comparing apples to oranges and there is just no way to have a fair comparison. Goto the M.K. Dont even think about it!:mickey:

JPL
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
I have to say this is a comparison that really shouldn't even be made since they are both trying to showcase to totally different experiences. Magic Kingdom is one of the best theme parks in the world and Sea World is the best Marine Life Park in the world. It's really apples and oranges. Both are provide equally great experiences in their own ways.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
While our kids love Sea World, and we spend one day there every trip, it does not compare to the Magic Kingdom.

Like someone else said, the two parks are totally different in nature, but, given a choice of the two...MK hand's down.

Carol
03-23-2007, 07:27 AM
There is absolutely no way to compare the two parks. It's like apples and oranges! :crazy:

Both parks are stellar in what they have to offer.

If the kids have their hearts set on seeing marine life, shows and interacting with animals - it isn't going to happen at Magic Kingdom!

SandmanGStefani24
03-23-2007, 05:10 PM
this is like putting Mike Tyson up against Oscar del la Hoya. De la Hoya might be pretty good, but he's no match for Tyson. Same is true of these two parks. SeaWorld can be fun, but as a kid, teen, and adult, my choice would have always been WDW over anything! :mickey:

Disneyatic
03-23-2007, 05:21 PM
From our experience at Sea World, there really was not much "interacting with the animals", we got to try to touch and feed the dolphins and I believe there was a touch tank but other than that it was all just watching the animals in shows. Plus, most of the rides are more thrill type rides and if my memory is correct, there really is only about 3 or 4 shows.
MY DD is 7 and not really a princess freak, but still....if I gave her the choice, she would pick MK over Sea World hands down.
For daughters who are princess freaks I can't see denying them the chance to jump into the princess world!:princess:

mickey&missy
03-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Well, I haven't been to Sea World since my Momy took us when we were kids. We are going to go next trip, DD is DYING to go there.

My thought is how can you take 2 little girls to Central Florida and not take them to MK? I'm sorry to say this, but SIL sounds a little selfish. How many days are you going for? If they really want to go to Sea World maybe skip, glup, AK. I just don't see going in the area of WDW and not taking two princess loving little girls to MK!!

Jared
03-23-2007, 05:36 PM
You're asking an incredibly biased crowed to compare two theme parks, but I think the answer is clear. Magic Kingdom is the better option.

SeaWorld cannot compete with Magic Kingdom is size, scope and scale. The attractions are interesting and worthwhile but do not match the excitement, technology and spectacle of a Disney attraction.

Only choose SeaWorld if the children have their hearts set on seeing marine life.

AliceinDisney
03-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Nothing compares to Disney :D

Kristi Kay
03-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Here's the deal...I lived in Orlado for a long time....I worked for disney and had season passes to Sea World. Both are fantastic, however, MK is best for the kids. They would enjoy seeing the animals as well, but my experience says that MK will entertain them longer and you'll get more bang for your buck....

Marilyn Michetti
03-23-2007, 08:56 PM
They're entirely different. I agree with an above post that there is very little interaction with the animals at Sea World. In addition there is so much wait time for each show at SW and very little to keep a child's interest as you walk from attraction to attraction.

Now, DH and I are a couple old coots, and we LOVE Sea World, but I don't think with children, there's much to compare. Maybe she's seen their T.V. spots or something where people are kissing a dolphin. It only takes one image to tweak a child.:)

mudpuppysmom
03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I'd ask them if they liked apples or oranges.......they would then tell you they are different fruits. This is how they are comparing MK and Sea World! If we were comparing granny smiths and fuji apples it'd be a different story, but we're comparing granny smith apples and navel oranges here.

That said, all the kids I know under 7 like MK AND SeaWorld, but for different reasons. If you have princess freaks on your hands then show them princesses!!

huzzah4
03-24-2007, 05:54 AM
I don't think it is quite fair to say this is like comparing apples and oranges, those are both fruit, so they are at least a little similar. SeaWorld vs. MK would be more like comparing apples and ohhhhhh Jumbo Jets.

SeaWorld, while a nice park in its own right, is not even in the same sport, let alone the same league as MK. When Miss America is crowned, or your favorite football team wins the Super Bowl, what do they say they are going to do next? I honestly don't think I have ever heard anyone say "I'M GOING TO SEAWORLD!!!", they all say they are going to Disney World.

Meteora
03-24-2007, 10:58 AM
My family and I have always enjoyed Sea World when we've gone, but we would never, ever choose it over Disney. Sea World is fun, but the Magic Kingdom...well, it's magical.

I would tell your family that while the girls would have a good time in Sea World, a trip to the MK for children (especially ones who love princesses) will be something they remember their entire lives.

MK also has much, much more to do--more bang for your buck, if you will. I haven't been to Sea World in a few years, but last time I was there it was mostly shows or aquarium-style exhibits. The shows were a lot of fun, but sitting through them all day could be difficult with young kids.

You should direct your family to this website, or to another, and show them just how much there would be to do in MK. Maybe they'll change their minds when they see it has something for everyone.

tinksmom02
03-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I have to agree with everyone else...I would NOT skip MK for your little princesses! We spent a day at SeaWorld on our last trip and enjoyed it immensely...but it did not compare to MK at all! True, there are SOME interactive components--you can try to pet and/or feed the dolphins, or feed the stingrays, but I was the only one out of my group who was willing to try either!

The little ride area is cute, but as someone else mentioned, small, and truly geared towards littles. And I have to admit that we didn't see any of the shows, but we'd paid extra for a behind-the-scenes tour that took up a chunk of the day.

The main reason we went to SeaWorld at all was to see the penguins (DD is a fanatic); if AK could somehow incorporate penguins, polar bears, etc., into their mix, we would skip SW no contest.

ALTHOUGH...the Hospitality Center at SeaWorld offers a beer tasting, and free samples of beer...a buzz is definitely something you CAN"T get at MK LOL:beer:

CaptSmee
03-25-2007, 03:02 AM
I have to say this is a comparison that really shouldn't even be made since they are both trying to showcase to totally different experiences. Magic Kingdom is one of the best theme parks in the world and Sea World is the best Marine Life Park in the world. It's really apples and oranges. Both are provide equally great experiences in their own ways.

Nicely said! Sea World is an excellent park, but can't be compared to MK. No matter which park you go to you will enjoy yourself immensley.

Sharon1026
03-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Sea World is evil.

Just kidding. We like Sea World - it's a fun way to spend the day, but honestly, you get more bang for your buck at Disney - many more rides, character dinner, the fireworks, parades, it's really kid geared.
Sea World would be better for the 9+ crowd and is a nice way to spend the day, but has less rides, has nice shows with the animals, etc., but Disney just offers more. Sea World has a touch tank, and that's about it.

I agree with the poster who said to swap out MGM and Sea World. If you were going to skip a park with little ones, that would be it.

:stitch2:

steamboat willy
03-25-2007, 09:47 AM
:mickey: MK
:mickey: MK
:mickey: Mk

No comparison....Really:tink:

Thank if it this way.
If your Florida vacation was a
NC Mountain Trip. WDW is the ride, the view, the waterfalls and the awlsome view from the top.
Seaword is a 3 minute overlook on your way to the top.
Take those girls to see the Princess!:number1:

King Triton
03-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Asking this question on a Disney board is going to get you a biased answer, as you can see.

SW is beautifully done...the shows, while not plentiful, are spectacular. Its a nice experience, and on a longer trip we try to fit in a day or two there. If Disney was to add a "living seas" theme park, SW would make a great addition (kinda hard to pick it up and move it 5 miles or so down the road though).

Instead of thinking of this as a Disney vs. non-Disney question (which invites the non-Disney bashing we see here), what if the parks you were comparing were AK and MK? For little girls that are into princesses, the answer is obviously MK. I think the same reasoning can be used with MK vs. SW.

I definitely think SW would be a great place to visit when they're a little older, but for now they should enjoy the MK and the princesses while they're into it.

WDWFREAK101
03-27-2007, 08:26 PM
THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mickey:

I'm sorry to all that love Sea World but i have to say this, not that im just saying this because i absolutly LOVE Disney, but I HATE Sea World. My girlfriend and i won a free 6 nights 7 days trip to Florida (before we moved down to Florida) we decided to have 1 day at Universal, 1 day at Island Of Adventure, 3 days at Disney (AK wasn't there at the time) 1 day of relaxing and the last day at Sea World. I hated it. My girlfriend hated it too, we actually decided to leave before the day ended. My girlfriend and I are married now and we have 3 kids. Every year we go to Disney at least 3 times. MK is SO much better than sea world for kids, for more for your money, and last for great memories!

JMTStone
03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Sea World STINKS. I mean it smells bad. :ill: I actually got sick to my stomach. PEEE EEEWWW.