PDA

View Full Version : DW 2 Retro Report Day 3

SandmanGStefani24
03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
*just a note-in case some missed my 1st day report, this is a retro report, meaning the report is from a past trip before i found intercot. may-june of '95. i'd like to take credit for the idea, but i simply borrowed it from another intercot reporter.*

We got our wakeup calls from our directors letting us know when to meet in the lobby to grab our continental breakfast and recieve our meal tickets for the parks. Around 8-ish we picked up our meal coupons which allowed us to recieve a meal, drink, and dessert. (not sure what the official name for them is, but they were good for places like Cosmic Rays, Electric Umbrella, ect.) Either way, it equated to 3 free meals a day for each of our days at the park, including the day we pretty much missed due to delays. We loaded the buses and were dropped off at the transit station where we could board buses and or the monorail. The directors made sure we were all accounted for, and then simply said, "be back at 10" and turned to leave. :)
Embracing our new found freedom, our crew of 6 split off from the rest of the band and headed into the MK. We made our first ride of the day be on Splash Mountain, and learned what a real wait time is like. Thankfully the queue areas were covered to keep the sun off us, but the heat was definately making itself known. About an hour later, we finally boarded the boat and pushed off. I don't care too much for drops, and thus was a little anxious about riding Spash. To make matters worse, there was a medical emergency in one of the boats before us and we were stopped at the very beginning of the final ascent. We sat there for about 10 minutes until the person was transported to the medical facilities. Suddenly we jolted forward and then shortly, down the chute. Relieved, we continued to make our way through to BTMRR, and the other mountains finding out that if we split our group up we could ride faster. This helped us move faster, but the heat of the day would catch up with me, and I learned what dehydration can do to you. I passed it off as simply having a headache and being light headed, but thankfully I stopped off to grab a drink so I could take some medicine. After my 3rd ice tea I figured out what was wrong, and decided to carry a water bottle around with me for the rest of the day. (i drank each of the unsweetened teas without sugar and didn't notice how bad it tasted until I was almost done with the 3rd!) After lunch we hopped to MGM and went directly for Star Tours and the backlot. This was back when the house sets were there to see (like the Golden Girls') and when you could watch sitcoms with audience members placed in the scenes with the 'green screen' editing. When the CMs asked for volunteers to do the sketches, we were lucky enough to get one of our group to perform. (he did the David Letterman sketch where things are crushed by the mechanical crusher)We finished off the day with the Tower, and on the second ride on it, we found out what happens when someone gets carried away with the picture poses on the way down. (black screen with the word UNAVAILABLE instead of your picture) :oops:
We managed to beat the curfiew for a second time, and now we know a little more about what to expect. Next day, we get split up for Magic Music Days practice, so I will get to journey a little more on my own.

Comming next, more MK, romance, and high school high jinx!

Bethis26fan
03-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: