PDA

View Full Version : "Scent" that reminds you of Disney?

Dsnygirl
03-22-2007, 02:43 PM
So... do any of you have a particular scent that reminds you of Disneyworld? (Besides going into the Disney stores... I swear, they smell JUST like the ones at WDW...:blush: )

When my DH and I went for the first time in '97, I had just gotten the fragrance "Tommy Girl". I wore it the whole time we were there, and from that point on, it has just always smelled like "the World".

I put it on this morning...:( ... oh the pain... I want to go so much sooner than we're planning!! :sob:

Anyone else out there have the same thing happen to them once in awhile??

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Every time I smell smoke/burning wood I think of the Rome scene in Spaceship Earth.

mm59
03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
The smell of Citrus Trees from the now gone Horisons

TinkRocks
03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Orange smell from Horizons, weird smell of the water fountains, burning of Rome, weird chocolate smell from Food Rocks pre-show area...

BananaAnna838
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
The smell of V05 shampoo and conditioner that smells like Strawberry Smoothie I think it is. That's what we used when we started our yearly trips again, so I think of Disney everytime I smell it :cloud9:

Tinkerfreak
03-23-2007, 02:40 PM
When we step outside at mco we take a big whiff of the humid air and think "It smells like Disney". I went to a flower and garden show last weekend and it was humid in the building and it reminded me of all the wonderful lush plants around Disney and the humid smell to the air.

pink
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
This morning I also said "it smells like disney" because it was so humid out.

(Besides going into the Disney stores... I swear, they smell JUST like the ones at WDW... )

That is so true! Haha, it's so wierd!

:mickey:

magicman
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Orange peelings -- SOARIN

DisneyDudet
03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Nasty musty smell... of the old carpeted areas of Disney, esp Epcot. Ever since I was 6 and went, that smell reminds me of it. I smelled it a few weeks ago... ah, it took me back!

I do the same thing w/ the shampoo, its Herbal Essences... the green one.. I don't even think they make it, even though I still have some! Also, the extinct flavor from Bath and Body Works of Tranquil Tropics... used them all at Disney a while back!

This makes me want to go use it today!

breezysmom
03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Stale water...mixed with a little chlorine...always reminds me of "it's a small world" and I start to sing the song in my head and then I want to cry because it is so long till I go again.

Also the smell of smoked meat reminds me of the turkey legs.....

MsMin
03-23-2007, 05:25 PM
We were @ the River Walk in N.O. a couple weeks ago and my girls both smelled Disney. They said it was the oily machiine smell from the escaltor in a closed in area that reminded them of the exit in Space Mnt.
I agree w/ the burning wood smell from SE-- sends me back every time.

Christine
03-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Today I got behind a school bus and the diesel, bus smell immediately took me to the bus stops at WDW!