PDA

View Full Version : How much to tip Mousekeeping?

PrincessJadesMom
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I would like to make up some tip envelopes ahead of time for Mousekeeping. We've never stayed on Disney property before and I'm not sure how much to tip. Can anyone give me a suggested amount? Thanks! :mickey:

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 03:01 PM
I usually do $1/person/day. Just put it in an envelope and leave it somewhere very visible with "Mousekeeping" written on it. As a fun project we usually let DS decorate the envelopes with his crayons and stickers.

KylesMom
03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
We also tip $1 per person each morning if mousekeeping has been good - although last trip at WL we tipped our mousekeeper $5 on several occasions just because she was so great with having our room done quickly, and her capacity to create all sorts of different towel animals was amazing. :mickey: It made coming back to the room so fun!:party: I will also mention that we've had some less-than-stellar experiences where after a few days we quit tipping altogether.

tink55
03-23-2007, 06:38 PM
I will also mention that we've had some less-than-stellar experiences where after a few days we quit tipping altogether.

Exactly the problem! It never makes sense to tip for a service that you have not received yet.

Housekeeping at WDW is a non-tipped position, and they are not supposed to pick up tips. If you email guest relations they will tell you exactly that.

HndrdPrcnt
03-23-2007, 06:45 PM
We also leave $5/day. While it is a non-tipped position, there is nothing wrong with greasing the palm of the person making up your room and maybe she/he will leave an extra towel animal or make sure you get special service in one way or another:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
03-23-2007, 07:42 PM
There are 5 of us. I usually tip $5.00 per day, leaving it for mousekeeping when we leave in the morning. I also try to leave a tip for turndown service in the evening. I have to say tho, I'm sometimes guily of forgetting that, or not making it back to the room on time to leave it before they get there. I usually just leave 3 bucks or so for turn down. When we stayed at the Villas at WL, I left about $10.00 per day for mousekeeping. The 2 BR villa was HUGE! It was alot to clean I thought. And they did an excellent job and left laundry det and any other supplies I needed just for the asking, (I'd jot a little note down in the AM)..I left a bigger tip at the end of the week with a thank you note because mousekeeping was stellar.

KylesMom
03-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Housekeeping at WDW is a non-tipped position, and they are not supposed to pick up tips. If you email guest relations they will tell you exactly that.

Neither was my job as a housekeeper at Mackinac Island, trying to put myself through school. But it sure helped on a really lousy salary! If the service is warranted, I am very pleased to tip this very difficult (and sometimes disgusting) position. However, if the same piece of food has been on the floor since we arrived three days later, the bathroom has not been cleaned or we have no towels when we arrive back to the room after a hot June or July day, then in my opinion a tip is not warranted. No one should feel obligated to leave a tip for Mousekeeping, but I'm certain it is more than welcome. Our Mousekeeper at WL was the most wonderful lady, and I was very happy to leave her a few dollars for the great job she did for us every day - not to mention the wonderful smile and great greeting she gave to us every morning as we vacated our room!:mickey:

PrincessJadesMom
03-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone for your "tips" on tipping! :rolleyes: :funny: