PDA

View Full Version : Am I Crazy?

MCFantasia
03-22-2007, 02:25 PM
If you could move to Disney, would you? It seems that I may have to opportunity to move to Orlando with my job. I never thought I would want to... thought it would ruin the magic... but I'm so excited. Financially it seems to be a really smart move. We've picked out a great place in Celebration that we have just fallen in love with. It all just seems too good to be true; that's what has me worried. What do you think? Would you do it?

Christine
03-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I just got back yesterday from a WDW trip, which included a tour of Celebration. We are definitely moving there (hopefully soon!) so I would say yes, go for it!

What also makes it easier for us is that we have no family in town "keeping us here". Our family is all over the map, so it really doesn't impact that at all.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

SBETigg
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
If it was a good opportunity for my famiy and for me, sure I would, though I would share your concerns. Best wishes!

Natazu
03-22-2007, 03:01 PM
I think it's a great idea. Celebration is beautiful. Plus, 34747 is such and easy zip code to type. Oh, check out the Valencia floor plan. That split bedroom design far away from the garage is awesome. :thumbsup:

murphy1
03-22-2007, 04:35 PM
I am a Florida girl and now live in Atlanta, I want to go back. If I can convince DH, we are going. My whole family is there, I have a lot of friends there (Tampa, but I love the Central Fl area). You will be not too far from the beach and if you don't like it, you can always go back to ATL.

2Epcot
03-22-2007, 05:07 PM
I considered moving to Orlando many times over the last 15 years. I probably would have if I had been hired for some of the jobs I applied for. I have never thought it would ruin the magic for me. :mickey:

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 06:01 PM
IN A HEARTBEAT!!:D DH and I have planned our move after DD graduates & gets settled. Who know, maybe she'll go w/us! I can't imagine a more fun retirement than @ WDW.:cloud9:

May524
03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I lived in Orlando for 5 months and I LOVED it!! I even worked for Disney...and I'm still obsessed...so it didn't ruin the "magic" for me! :mickey:
Orlando was a great city with much to do, you will love it! My DH and I plan on retiring in Orlando! We are currently in our early 20s and are already excited about it! :cloud9:

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Not only would I, I have...back in 2003. Then I moved home to finish school and now I'm moving back in Sept. I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff backstage at disney and it has in no way ruined the magic...

jilwil
04-05-2007, 10:01 AM
IN A HEARTBEAT!!:D

:ditto: :heart:

caryrae
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Just think how much money you will save when you want a Disney fix.