PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
We are staying at All Star Sports May 19 - 26 courtesy of my cousin and her great CM discount. It will be me, DH, DD6 and DS4. Which building do you recommend we request and why?

CanadianWDWFan
03-22-2007, 11:19 AM
We stayed in Building #3 this past January. We loved the location since it was in the back and quiet.

There were groups of cheerleaders running around the resort so the pool got busy and noisy. Back at our room though everything was quiet and relaxed.

flying carpet
03-22-2007, 11:21 AM
I like football because I like football. Baseball is nice because its near the pool but a long walk to the lobby and bus service but whats a few extra steps.

:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I was just coming to post, stay away from the football building. At least the one that faces the football field. We stayed there a couple of years ago and the noise outside kept us up till 12:00AM with kids playing all over the field. It was a GREAT location for the food court and busses, but I quickly grew tired of the noise.

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
If you're getting a "preferred room" Surfing is great. If you are doing the regular room, I really didn't find that it matters all that much. Just request your favorite sport and you'll have a good time.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
03-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the advice! Does anyone know which building numbers coincide with which sport? I found that buildings one and six are preferred, but I am not sure which sports they are. Thanks!!

CanadianWDWFan
03-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Buidling #3 is basketball. It sure is funny watching kids trying to sink a shot on 40 foot tall hoops!:D

Strmchsr
03-22-2007, 03:04 PM
1 & 6 are surfing, 2 & 3 are basketball, 4 & 5 are tennis, 7 & 10 are football, 8 & 9 are baseball. You can see a full resort map here. (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/allstarsportsmusic.gif)

Here we go again...
03-22-2007, 03:55 PM
We have stayed at All Star Sports 3 times and thankfully did not upgrade to a preferred building. All 3 times we were in the baseball building and had a parking lot view. You might think that is bad, but I loved it. We did not have anyone walking past our door unless they had a room there too.
It was very quiet and there is a short cut to the busses. :thumbsup: