PDA

View Full Version : Super Last Minute Trip Help! - Where To Stay?

mjaclyn
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
My brother and cousin are heading down to Florida this weekend for business and have decided to stay Friday and Saturday night in Disney. They REALLY want to stay on property but don't know which way to go. I'm the Disney planner in the family, so they came to me for help. I'm not sure what to tell them because it's such short notice and it's also peak season. They'd like to only spend about $200 - $250 per night AND stay in a deluxe (which is basically impossible). I'm thinking the best they can do for that price is a moderate if it's available. Am I missing anything? Am I correct in assuming they won't be able to stay in a Deluxe for that price at this late notice?

Seasonscraps
03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I would call Disney or go online to see what's available. I just checked expedia & orbitz and they showed availability for the Swan & Dolphin for $250 per night. But there was nothing available for Disney resorts.

MissT
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
For that price, you could try AKL or WL, otherwise I think moderate is your best option. Do they have AAA?
What about FQ? That resort is small, personal, & has a boat to DD.
Good luck. :mickey:

JPL
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
You can have drop a line to Magical Journeys and see the spectrum of what's available. They have fouund me a room when nothing was showing at all at certain resorts.

mjaclyn
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Don't you have to stay at least three nights in order to contact Magical Journeys?

JPL
03-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Sorry about that I didn't realize it was only 2 nights :blush:

BellewanaB
03-22-2007, 05:08 PM
MJ is fantastic, but you've got a tight timeline. Did you call reservations directly? What did they say?

The Swan and Dolphin are fantastic and AVAILABLE. They are centrally located and super close to Epcot and Studios.

I agree that the Wilderness Lodge is another fantastic option-it has great deals and feels very rich (in my opinion). You can superpage.com their number and even call them directly to ask-sometimes they will help you from the resort.

Let us know what you find!