PDA

View Full Version : Backyard BBQ

flying carpet
03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Has anyone done Mickeys Backyard BBQ? to do or not to do that is the question.
:confused:

goofiecrazy
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
We did this one on our honeymoon in 2002.We took the boat over from the MK to FW and walked over to the place it was held.It is held outside in open pavilion close by the hoop dee revue. The food was set up on long tables like a buffet with bbq foods and cakes.the tables are all set up around the center floor where the characters would come out a couple of times to dance.They had a country band playing songs and there was a stand that u could write down if u were celebrating a birthday,honeymoon or something else. Iput down it was my husbands bday as well as our honeymoon and they call ur name for ur birthday and what ever else ur celebrating and they get u up and u dance in front of everybody.My husband didnt like that to much.All in all we had a great time the food was good the pic they take of before going in came out good the interaction with characters was good. We would do it again with our kids.Sorry its long..

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
We didn't really care for it.
Lots of dis-organization...not the norm for Disney.

There are characters (with long lines) and music, but that was about it for us. A real disappointment. :shake:

Here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=99256) is a recent thread on the subject.

c&d
03-22-2007, 10:43 AM
We did it this past summer and enjoyed it.

True it was more chaotic than I would have expected. When they were trying to get all the kids up close for the show there was a lot of pushing and shoving. We enjoyed the lasso show, he was really good.

When they opened up the food lines it was really crazy, but we waited about 15 min. had another :wine: (included in the price) and waited for the crowds to die down. After that we walked right up to the buffet. Also having all the :bar: you could eat was quite nice.

We're glad we did it and we may do it again.

rsumrall
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
We did it in April '06. I'm glad we did it, but I don't think we'll be doing it again. i would rather do the luau or HDDR. The band was good, the trick roper was great, and the characters were pretty good about giving the kids some attention, but the food was mediocre, some of the seats are terrible as huge poles are in the way, and it was just not worth the $$. I'd rather do something different if it were me making the decision.