PDA

View Full Version : Your top adult drinks at the World

Crow
03-22-2007, 09:07 AM
:marg: :beer:
i had asked Jym about his in one of my other threads so I thought i would start a thread for it
FIESTA :marg: -at the stand in Mexico. that will be my first stop when i arrive on my May trip. take a stroll inside the pavilion w it.
SAKE-at the Lounge in Japan or the tasting bar inside the store..a slight edge over Kimonos just because of the location
:beer: SAMPLER- at Rose & Crown. this spot used to be held my Ringnes in Norway
VIKING COFFEE- in Norways bakery...pair it w schoolbread
LAPU LAPU- Contemporary..had it my first time (ok had 2) on my last trip which was good since i met w the ex shortly after.
KIR ROYAL from the stand in France
:beer: -food & Wine fest. different ones available and free tasting at Sam Adams seminar. hope to go again
on my upcoming trip i hope to try some new things.....
Remember to use the WDW transportation and not drive after this excursion:horse:

ibrowse17
03-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Just like any other place, a black and tan!:beer:

BrerSchultzy
03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Sorry...but the tangerine daquiris in Morocco have to get a nod here. Whenever my wife and I attempt the "Around the World" (we share, of course), we have to get that and a tabouli salad...it's a perfect break right in the middle there.

Of course, anything from the Rose and Crown...and one of my new favorites is anything from the Shades of Green's sports bar...SOO much cheaper than anywhere else in the World.

RazdOnDis
03-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Besides the many wonderful beers and ales at WS I also enjoy:

LAPU LAPU - Poly, Best drink in WDW (drink slowly, repeat, s-l-o-w-l-y)
SAMURAI - Japan, wonderful plum wine-based cocktail
REEF RUNNER - Coral Reef, another fruity cocktail with dark rum, brandy, and banana liqueur
BLUE MAI TAI - Contemporary Pool Bar, speaks for itself, the best mai tai I've ever had period.

Stickey
03-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I may add the Lapu Lapu after our next trip. For now:

1) A few liter steins at the Biergarten
2) Franszikaner weiss bier from Germany
3) A pint of Boddington's at the R&C
4) Moosehead ale at LeCellier
5) Some good microbrews at Big River

:beer: :beer: :beer:

BluegrassDaisy
03-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure of the name - but the rum drink served in the pineapple at the Poly - is that the Lapu-Lapu? I will concur with the drink
S-L-O-W-L-Y comment :thumbsup:

Speedy1998
03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately Disney Does not carry my favorite adult beverage.

It is Saint Arnold's beer, and is only sold in TX. When we drive I pack a couple of 6 packs to drink in my room. Does that count.

ldn324
03-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Favorite wine: Rosa Regale found in Italy. Sparkling red Italian wine. Great for desserts and especially with the dark chocolate that they give when you order a glass! Side note: Our local state store now carries Rosa Regale so we can have our little taste of WDW anytime we want!! :thumbsup:

Favorite beer: The 1/2 yards in the U.K. I'm pretty sure it's the Bass Ale that we always get. After drinking about half though, we don't really care what it is - he he he :blush:

Favorite mixed drink: Kungaloosh at the Adventurer's Club at PI. Jungle Juice is also good too. And for WDW drinks, I don't think they are too skimpy on the alcohol content. Shouldn't be with the price anyway!

GrumpySue
03-22-2007, 01:42 PM
The Margarita stand in the Disney Marketplace accross from the big World of Disney store has THE BEST top shelf Margarita's. These must be drunken SLOWLY in an area where there is so much shopping available. My husband and I had two of them and almost bought a huge life size Eyore (we have no kids) :marg:

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2007, 01:50 PM
Pint of Stella at the R&C
Seasonal Brew (a nice bitter at times) from Big River
Kungaloosh!!!!

conorsmom2000
03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Absolute favorite - the Strawberry Shortcake Freeze from the Trout Pass Bar at the Wilderness Lodge!! :tasty: There was also a drink from the Territory Lounge that ran a close second, but of course, now I can't remember the name.... :confused:

JPL
03-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Viking Coffee is now first on my list :thumbsup:

Could have something to do with :freeze: and lack of :sleepin: in December

Goofy1060
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
favorite "Resort/Vacation" type drink (I normally don't go for mixed drinks) has got to be, hands down, the Lapu Lapu at the poly. Otherwise it'd be a Franzenkaner in Germany or a Boddington's at the R&C :cheers:

DisneyTeen
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Favorite wine: Rosa Regale found in Italy. Sparkling red Italian wine. Great for desserts and especially with the dark chocolate that they give when you order a glass! Side note: Our local state store now carries Rosa Regale so we can have our little taste of WDW anytime we want!! :thumbsup:

I was very happy to find this in the NH state stores also.

But, no matter what, any type of :beer: is alright with me. I am a big fan of drinking around the world. Also, I am looking forward to tring Kungaloosh for the first time in May, so i might have a new favorite.

Crow
03-22-2007, 04:07 PM
i forgot the wine flight at AP w my meal
and the size of the :beer: stein in Biergarten is nice....use 2 hands...
that Samurai does sound worth a try....too bad the lounge will b closed when im there
ive been tempted to try the :marg: at DD...might have too if i spend some evening hrs there

murphy1
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Lapu Lapu and a Bass at R&C are my tops. I need to do the wine flight one of these days, I have to get back to AP, it is wonderful (thanks to your rec Crow!)
I'm sure Jym will say he loves any liquid refreshment from Sci-Fi!

Crow
03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Lapu Lapu and a Bass at R&C are my tops. I need to do the wine flight one of these days, I have to get back to AP, it is wonderful (thanks to your rec Crow!)
I'm sure Jym will say he loves any liquid refreshment from Sci-Fi!
you went to AP cause of me? wow...glad u liked it. im pretty tempted to use my last 2 TS credits on the dining plan to go again in May.
too bad SciFi doesnt have a bar....i stopped at the 50s bar a few times before Fantasmic but would like another place to go.

Caroleh
03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I have to add my favorite drink at WDW is a Victoria Falls Mist from Boma. I have the recipe and we drink it all the time here!!! I'll have to try some of those mentioned here!!!

Sharon1026
03-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Kungaloosh!!:marg:

Crow
03-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I have to add my favorite drink at WDW is a Victoria Falls Mist from Boma. I have the recipe and we drink it all the time here!!! I'll have to try some of those mentioned here!!!

what is it?
there needs to b a place that lists the :beer: and drinks available at the WDW places like there is for menus

pogo
03-22-2007, 10:48 PM
No doubt about it ! Lapu lapu is THE BEST !:thumbsup:

We like them so much that I've finally perfected the recipe here in New York.

You might say that we go on little vacatons about once a month ;) and never leave our house ! :D

tinkerbelle75
03-23-2007, 08:17 AM
My favorites are;
1. Sunken Treasures from the Banana Cabana at CBR.Those things are sooooo good!
2. Fiesta Margaritas from Mexico.Somehow we have to visit Mexico several times a day while at EPCOT!!
3.Pina Colavas from 'Ohana.Yum!:D
Helpful tip: Never drink all of the above before riding TOT for the first time.:sick:

Spaceship Tigger
03-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Let's see, the steins at Germany, Bass at R&C, margaritas from Mexico... but my favorite is still the Northwestern Exposure at WL's Territory Lounge.

Dicecatt262
03-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Another vote for Lapu Lapu, I actually took a picture of one on my last trip and it has its own page in my scrapbook:thumbsup:

Crow
03-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Let's see, the steins at Germany, Bass at R&C, margaritas from Mexico... but my favorite is still the Northwestern Exposure at WL's Territory Lounge.

whats the 'Sposure? id still like a listing of all the drinks at the places and whats in them...

JoDisney
03-23-2007, 10:59 AM
I love the Rosa Regale. We have it at our Publix supermarkets, now. I could not believe it.

murphy1
03-23-2007, 11:05 AM
Mike, thanks for the tip on WL drink, I'll have to add to my list to try. I love that lounge too.

EdwardBear
03-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I like to have a Lapu Lapu while relaxing on the beach at the Polynesian during the Electric Water Pageant.

Goofy Pluto
03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
what is it?
there needs to b a place that lists the :beer: and drinks available at the WDW places like there is for menus

I couldn't agree more! I'm wondering what all these drinks are, what's in them, and where to get them!:tasty:

disneyfan1124
03-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Another vote for Victoria Falls Mist!

It reads as follows on the beverage menu:

"It's a sweet, fruity and tangy fusion of Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, Melon Liqueur, Banana Liqueur, Citrus Juice and Sprite."

A delicious and refreshing choice at any price, my menu from Nov '06 lists $6.59.

Jeff T
03-23-2007, 05:04 PM
After a long day in the parks with the kids, I enjoy a cold beer at my home resort. I simply get the kids to bed, tell the wife I'm taking a short walk, and go down to the lobby bar for a nice cold Corona! :beer:

Caroleh
03-23-2007, 06:51 PM
what is it?

Here's the recipe:
Victoria Falls Mist
from Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 1 serving
¼ ounce Van de Hum Tangerine Liqueur
½ ounce Midori Melon
¼ ounce Banana Liquor
¼ ounce Citrus Juice
Splash Sprite

Mix together and serve over ice.
Note: May substitute Grand Marnier for the Van de Hum Tangerine Liqueur

We use lemonade for citrus juice

AliceinDisney
03-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I have to say the Canadian wine selection at Le Cellier is great. Niagara wines are fantastic. But I can get a bottle here Inskillin and Le Chateau De Charmes are amazing so if you eat at Le Cellier try a bottle. I definitely recommend Cateau de Charmes, the winery is stunning and the wines are fantastic.

pook@wdw
03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
How about....a Dirty Banana @ the Trout Pass Bar, poolside @ WL...YUM, YUM! (or just a good ice-cold long neck Bud Light anywhere!:beer:

Crow
03-23-2007, 09:56 PM
the Mist sounds good! now do i dare go to AKL to try it? my ex works there and it might b hard being right above Boma where we met and Jiko where we had date. of course if i have a few of those it might not matter...
mayb i should eat at Boma and ask for the Victoria Falls if i can....
and when i dine at Le Cellier, i have tried both the :beer: and wine. so i will try some again soon

KellAnneL
03-23-2007, 11:56 PM
The Macaws from the Tambu Lounge at the Poly are wonderful, too! And, who could ever resist a MARGARITA :marg: anywhere??:cloud9:

Kellie

KylesMom
03-24-2007, 12:16 AM
These are in no certain order, as I couldn't pick my favorite!

J. Triggs Cabernet from LeCellier - Canada/Epcot
Sangria - Mama Melrose/MGM
Strawberry Margarita - Mexico/Epcot
Lapu Lapu - Ohana/Polynesian
Orange Creamsicle - Trout Pass Pool Bar/WL
A COLD Miller Lite on a HOT Florida Day - ANYWHERE! :beer: :thumbsup: :mickey:

May524
03-24-2007, 02:06 AM
One of my favorite things to do at Fort Wilderness before Hoop De Doo is get a drink in a mason jar...and sit out on the porch and rock while I drink...ahh so relaxing!!! And ofcourse...I love the sangria at the hoop de doo! Yum! 70 more days! :number1:

PirateLover
03-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Great thread. :cheers:
I plan on enjoying the more adult side of WDW on our next trip now that I'm 21...:marg:
We are staying at the Poly so we will def. try the Lapu Lapus. :papple: :lei:

And yes, we are going to attempt drinking around the world. I have no doubt that I will have to start sharing at some point but we are going to give it the ol' college try so to speak, lol! :crazy: :dizzy:

Last time around my BF was already 21, and I know that he really liked Island Storm and Banana Cabana drinks at the pool bar at CB. I remember I was taking a mid day nap in the room (his snoring kept me up the night before) so he went out to the bar. I awoke to see a very happy man just smiling at me... kind of creepy!:eek2:

Septbride2002
03-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Rosa Regale in Italy is delicious. We can also find it locally which is nice too.

Lapu Lapu's!

Can someone tell me what is in Viking Coffee?

~Amanda

MsMin
03-24-2007, 10:56 AM
It did make it easier now that all my kids are 21.
We had the great "glowtini's" @ the Coral Reef. They were a lot of fun. We got great pictures w/ the blue cube in the blue drink and great atmosphere of the CR. No wonder we like it so much. I am pretty sure it was absolut- it was very smooth.
We can't miss a stop @ the Cantina for a Margarita. It's really great to watch the sun set from the lake.
We also drank the Bellini's in Italy. Can you tell this is a girly crowd? I tried making them at home w/ no luck. Next time I might buy their mix.
I did have a beer from Germany w/ my son. I love a good dark beer.
Maybe that's why you'll find us @ EPCOT most evenings.

Crow
03-24-2007, 06:40 PM
I actually just saw the Rosa in our local wine n spirits tonight. looked good but it was $19.99 for a bottle so i picked up some less exp wines they were sampling and some tequila...
Wow i think this thread has gotten more responses than any ive started:cheers:

Crow
03-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Viking Coffee - A robust combination of Columbian Coffee, Kamora Coffee Liqueur,
and Bailey's Irish Cream.

May524
03-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Viking Coffee - A robust combination of Columbian Coffee, Kamora Coffee Liqueur,
and Bailey's Irish Cream.

My mother is a coffee FREAK! You get this in Norway correct? Where exactly?

Mickey 101
03-26-2007, 01:45 AM
My DH's favorites are the yard of Bass Ale in England and Franszikaner weiss beer in Germany.

Mine are the Lapu Lapu and in the past, I enjoyed the merlot in France wine shop. They've now switched brands and it's not very good. This past trip, I really like the Bellinis in Italy and the BEST was the Italian Margarita made from grappa and Limoncello. Yum!! :marg:

Kenny1113
03-26-2007, 08:43 AM
The glowtini at Spoodles, of course I had to get 2, so each DS could have a lite up ice cube ;)

Septbride2002
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I sooooo need to try Viking Coffee!
This has been a great thread!

~Amanda