PDA

View Full Version : Cantgetenuff's Spring Break **Final Thoughts**

Christine
03-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Tuesday March 13- Wednesday March 21

Crowds--big, but we managed quite nicely I think. I think the GROUPS of people bothered me more than the NUMBER of people. The cheerleaders, softball teams, and various other teens were absolutely dreadful.
I can handle teenage girls giggling, running, jumping, squealing...that is just what they do- no big deal.
What I found deplorable was the filthy language that spewed from their mouths on the busses and in the rides, the disrespect, teasing, and downright hatefullness they showed the CM's and other guests (I watched in horror as they grilled a bus driver, giggling in plain sight, "Did you want to be a bus driver when you were a kid?" "Did you go to school to learn to be a bus driver?" "Is being a bus driver the most important thing in your life?" "I bet you live with your mom, don't you?")

I watched in horror when they blatantly and openly made fun of overweight, handicapped, or other guests for whatever reason...and it literally sickened me at the immense joy they got out of it! I grew very tired of the vandalism that took place in the parks (while in HM, I watched them throw water bottles and trash in the library and graveyard scenes. I told a CM and they seemed 'resigned' to the issue??)
I got very annoyed at their constant cutting in line and their pride they took from doing so. They screamed out in shows, rides, etc. They stood up in rides to purposefully make them stop (and kept track of how many they had stopped so far!) At times it made WDW's atmosphere a stone's throw from Six Flags.

Their attire was often grossly inappropriate (bikinis in the park with denim short shorts over the bottoms, but not snapped or zipped and folded down). I don't know why this huge rule infringement was never addressed. Sadly, it was enough to leave a bad mark on our trip, whether we wanted to let it or not.

Weather- Only two days of rain, but otherwise perfect, even downright cold at times, which in my book still beats sweating!

Accomodations- I have said it before, but truly mean it now: we will not do value resorts again. If we can't save enough to stay in a moderate, we will not go at all or we will go for a shorter stay. I missed POFQ so much! Though we thought that it would be okay since we would only be needing the room to shower and sleep, we still found that there are other services we would like to have (bell services for one!) The room was not very clean, mousekeeping was very poor (didn't even come one day!), and the grounds were in very bad shape. You couldn't walk down a hallway, down a sidewalk, up a stairwell, to a bus stop without seeing tons of trash...cups, bottles, napkins, food, bags, etc. I just have had my fill of values.

Service- In general, very good. I didn't like having to walk over to Music that last day, didn't like the placement of my rooms at either hotel, didn't like walking alone with all my luggage at 2:45 am to DME, but what are ya gonna do?
In the parks, the CM's showed the stress of the crowds (and it's makeup). One CM on IASW was literally driven to tears as the youth called her a loser multiple times b/c she worked that ride, etc. CM's were very busy, but the majority as a whole would smile back when we did...and were very appreciative of 'pleases' and 'thank yous'.
Security was everywhere as the chaos was often rampant. Several youth jumped bus stop lines and ran into the streets in front of the busses to try to make them pick them up. It was nuts~ why weren't they in Ft. Lauderdale or somewhere KNOWN for that kind of behavior??

Family and Friends- I think we all could share horror stories of vacationing with friends and family. But in this case, nothing could be farther from the truth. My DFIL and his fiance were a joy. They never complained, they had great enthusiasm, and they enjoyed DD so much, she felt so special! My friend Michelle from Cocoa Beach is always a pleasure to spend time with. My only complaint is that she couldn't stay longer!

Overall- Yes, my gallbladder made dining a nightmare, yes my tooth made things worse to boot, yes throwing my back out was painful and extremely inconvenient, but I would do it all over again tomorrow! While the teen scene couldn't help but make a mark on our trip, the magic still prevailed and came shining through. Good times, good company, great weather, safe travels. You can't beat that!

Thank you all for coming along with us on our trip. I have read and appreciate all the replies. I apologize for being so long winded, and thank you for bearing with me!

Oh yes, and one last thing. Sadly, I still remain a space cadet...I don't think I will ever become a galactic hero. :(

ElenitaB
03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
Christine, your reports have been a huge pleasure to read and your photos have brightened many a day this past week or so. Thank you so much for taking the time (and burning the night oil) to take us along! :hug:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-22-2007, 12:56 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip. I'm glad you didn't allow a few ignorant people spoil it for you. And that you didn't suffer to much from you various health issues.

jilwil
03-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Thanks so much for the reports! I thoroughly enjoyed reading them!:)

pogo
03-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Christine..:hi: ...... where do I start ?

First, thank you for all the work you :geek: and your DH:photo: put into your live reports ! I can't believe the amount of sleep you sacrificed to make sure your report was in for the day. :notworth: You are one crazy lady but we love you !

I took great interest every thing you said about staying in a Value Resort, because we too considered it for our next trip. I am pleased to say we decided on POFQ after all and will be there four weeks from today !

Traveling with friends and family can make for a tough trip and I'm glad you enjoyed your DFIL and fiance. It sounded like they had the time of their life.

As far as you being disgusted with the way teeny boppers acted, I can't stand that either. I don't know if I could have NOT said something to them on the bus. My DW squeezes my hand a lot lately, but some of these kids do NOT know the meaning of the word respect. Maybe it's just because I'm getting :old: !

Once again, thank you for sharing your family's vacation with us "live" and get some rest.:sleepin:
God bless and I hope you get to feeling better real soon. :D

CanadianWDWFan
03-22-2007, 07:57 AM
:ditto:
I think Pogo summed it up nicely!:thumbsup:

I really enjoyed your live reports, but I can't believe the lack of sleep that you endured. It seems that you have taken the art of trip rreports and helped raise them up a notch!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.:mickey:

kaliepooh
03-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Thank you very much for sharing your family's trip us. With me personally I appreciated every one of your trip reports. I was looking forward to seeing it online each day. I love trip reports!! I'm sadden that you couldn't stay longer as I will have no more exciting trip reports from you for the time being. I am truly disappointed with the behavior of the young adults that visited the parks during your trip. :mad: It is great to know that you were able to enjoy the trip although they were impolite.

disneydrmr
03-22-2007, 08:56 AM
It sounds like Disney needs to 'step it up' a notch on control of unruly guests. But thank you soooo much for sharing your trip with us, for sacraficing your sleep to do so, and for the wonderful pictures! I also hope you enjoy the, uh, 'improvements' that your friends at JQ made to your home! ;) :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Christine -- I am so sorry you had to experience the worst in our youth during your trip. I don't understand it at all and can only hope that I have raised my boys to be courteous and respectful of others.

I loved reading your reports, and seeing your pictures -- But you wanna know my favourite part? The joy I could feel from your in-laws! I am so glad you all had such a magical time together!

BTW -- I am a Galactic Hero. I am willing to give you some one on one training in October. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Fantastic reports! Thanks so much. I especially love that you stil had a great time and kept on going despite some tough moments and jerky crowds of kids. Best wishes.

faline
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=cantgetenuff; Sadly, I still remain a space cadet...I don't think I will ever become a galactic hero. :([/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel! I never seem to end up with a good score either!

Thanks for all your great reports! They've been fun to read!

offwego
03-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Thank you so much for all your reports.

My dh feels as you do about the values 100% based on bell services. (something about suitcases full of umm shoes or something I have no clue what he's going on about really).

Your pictures were amazing & I'm so glad your DD had a great time with friends and family!

PS I've been a galatic hero too but I have to let the ride stop to do it...that works really really well! (see there is a use for all those teenagers!)

tron80
03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I really enjoyed reading your reports. You did manage to have fun,despite the unruly behavior of teens you saw. And yeah,I will think twice about going to a value resort again,sometimes I like to go back to the resort and relax or eat good food(I had a horrible food experience in All Star Sports,to which I got the stomach flu). Guess Coronado Springs has me spoiled. Thanks for a great report.

Nascfan
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Christine, thank you so much for taking us all along on your trip. I've enjoyed reading and seeing.
I'm sorry you had a rough experience at the resort. We've always found the Values to be absolutely pristine. I wonder if the teens had something to do with it, or if service has really gone that far downhill. I hope it's not the latter.

I enjoyed your FIL's reactions so much! It was like seeing my daughter's reactions her first time to so many things.

mudpuppysmom
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
In case you have not been told enough, THANK YOU for sharing part of your trip time with all of us. The days were wonderful and memories were made and will last forever in all of you. I'm glad that DFIL had such a wonderful time with your DD and you got to experience a newbie's perspective (DFIL and Bonnie).

As for the nasty teens you experienced. While you did speak of them being there, you only briefly mentioned them which means you did NOT let them impact your trip much if at all!!! I think sometimes people look around and think "hey, look at those people and WHAT are they doing!?!??!" and think why why why!!! If you just go about your day on your own, you'll find that at the end of the day (which seems like it just started five minutes ago) was much better b/c you just had fun, period.

Lack of sleep -- well, you can catch up when you are at home is what I say!!!

Thanks again!!

CarolinaWDWFan
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I have absolutely enjoyed your trip reports. Your recaps were detailed and really made me feel like I was there with you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences!

A Mouse Fan
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Despite a few bumps in the road and a few health issues it sounds like a great time! I really enjoyed reading you *Live* reports...I felt like I was enjoying Disney with you :blush: I read your reports in the Fall too and am jealous you got to go again in the Spring ;)
Ihope your gall bladder and tooth get better for your next visit as at least part of my enjoyment at Disney is all the delicious food :tasty:
By the way I 100% agree with you that I cannot do the Value resorts....I guess I am spoiled with the moderates and the deluxes!!!

DizNee143
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
i really enjoyed reading about your trip!! thank you so much for sharing it with us!! i hope you start felling better with the tooth, gallbladder, and your back!!!! :mickey:

TBY2225
03-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I really enjoyed reading your reports every day. You did a great job making me feel like I was back in the World! I am sorry you had problems with the teenagers. We went 10 years ago during spring break, so I know how you feel. I also have gallbladder issues, so I guess I will be eating similar to you when we go back in September! I haven't stayed in the Movies or Music, but we really enjoyed the Pop Century. Maybe it was because of all the kids there too?
Thanks again for the great report!

murphy1
03-22-2007, 04:07 PM
I have really enjoyed your reports so much too! i just looked at the pics and everytimes I see a picture of the castle in the late afternoon with the sun shining on it, I smile, it brings me back to when I was a kid going over to MK for the day:mickey: I truly miss that, so thanks! Sorry you had to experience those "lovely" teenagers. Unfortunately it comes from their parents and it just stinks, but be thankful your dd will not behave like that! When I was in my 20's I always took kids and friends to the parks b/c it was so fun to be there with other people. Thanks again for the reports and pics, we all enjoyed them!

Bethis26fan
03-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip. It was so much fun to read them.

Here we go again...
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for sharing you Magical vacation with us. I also loved reading about your inlaws, they sound like so much fun.

I do not know how you held your tongue when those kids were being nasty to the CMs. There is no way I would have been able to do it... I also fuss at the kids who cut in line and make them go to the back. It comes from having teenagers... I won't put up with mine or anyone else's kid acting up around me.

I am off to look at the rest of your photos!

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Thank you so very much for sharing so much with us this past week. I can only assume you'll have to catch up on your sleep for, oh let's say, the next month or so! ;)

I'm so glad that you didn't allow the unruly group of teens to ruin your time. I'm a child advocate, but no one can make sense of the behavior that teens exhibit when they're put together in groups with unstructured time... It's a bit sad that so many of them could be so disrespectful to so many adults. :(

I do hope that your health issues are improving now that you're home. I hear that lack of sleep and too many pictures of Cindy's Castle can do wonders for you! ;)

Once again - thanks! Felt like I was there reading your reports! :mickey:

KylesMom
03-23-2007, 10:23 AM
Although I have been remiss in typing responses for all of your reports, I enjoyed each and every one of them. It's so wonderful seeing pics of you guys having such a great time - your DD is always such a cutie! It was great too that you could share the magic with your in-laws! I'm sorry for the disappointments you encountered along the way - but glad you still found the magic. Thanks for taking all of the time to share with us!:mickey:

TikiGoddess
03-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for all the time and thought that you put into your trip reports. For those of us in the half-frozen north, it was a breath of fresh air to see pictures of people in sunshine and warm weather!

TikiG

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

joannep2bc
03-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you from me too for sharing all of your trip reports with us. I was glued to every word and picture. Sounds like you had an incredible time despite the crowds and rude (beyond description) teenagers. Many thanks again.

sleepingbooty
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks, Christine, for all the effort that went into these trip reports and picture posts. I truly enjoyed living vicariously through your trip. So sorry about the teenagers - what disrespect! I call it the "Girls Gone Wild" Generation. I hope it runs it's course soon! Hope you get to feeling better soon!