PDA

View Full Version : *Live* Cantgetenuff's Spring Break day 9

Christine
03-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Stitch woke me up at 2:15 a.m. and I dressed and headed to meet the bus.

Now, when I learned of my P/U time, I called the front desk and asked if someone could help me get my bags and myself to the bus stop, as I was a little creeped out being in the back forty all by myself. They said no, there are no carts or runners at that hour. In the time I walked to the bus stop, 3 golf carts passed me! Oh well!

Myself and another family got on the bus, we made a quick stop at Pop, and off to MCO we went. We got there at 3:30 a.m., but American Airlines Self Check in computers NOR the agents at the desk are open until 4. So we all stood in line for 30 minutes, and I couldn't help thinking I could have slept those thirty minutes!

My plane took off without incident at 6, and I caught myself sleeping (mouth wide open, I am sure that was pretty!) off and on. The hotel shuttle where I had left my car came to get me and I hit the road home (after a quick gas-up, breakfast run, and stop into Pottery Barn Kids in Frisco). I got home around 1:45, said hi to my puppy, and then went to pick up DD at school at 2:30.

After we got home, I took a nap for an hour and a half, then got all the unpacking done and am on my last load of laundry.

Next up: Final thoughts and pictures from day 8...

ElenitaB
03-21-2007, 11:13 PM
I find it amazing that they couldn't find someone to help you out with your luggage, considering you were alone and in a remote, isolated building.

Isn't it fun getting to the airport and not even the service desks are open? (Happened to us the first time we flew post 9/11 in Nov-01. Now I make it a point to find out what time "the help" arrives.)

Glad that you're back home, reunited with the family, the puppy and the :laundry: ( ;) )

faline
03-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I, too, find it strange that no-one could help with your luggage!

At least you're safely home!

offwego
03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
That is odd re the luggage. Glad you were ok though.

DizNee143
03-22-2007, 02:42 PM
im sorry no one would help you with your bags...glad your flight home was good!! :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Glad the trip home went well! Ok except for having to get the :laundry: done!:D

Bethis26fan
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Man that is an early flight. Glad everything went well.

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks so much for sharing your trip! :mickey:

Sorry about the lack of bell services at 2 AM. :(

My plane took off without incident at 6, and I caught myself sleeping (mouth wide open, I am sure that was pretty!) off and on.
:funny: :rotfl: :funny:

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: