PDA

View Full Version : Crowds Late August

shecky66
03-21-2007, 10:06 PM
:marg: We'll be there from Aug 24th through Aug 28th. Any ideas about crowds? :beer:

alpro2
03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
You can expect crowds to be very managable. Crowd level begins to drop just around the time you are going.

Have a nice trip. :thumbsup:

phillydan
03-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Definitely manageable crowds in late August; however, all bets are off if you stay for the Extra Magic Hours. I also found that the brief - but intense - afternoon rain showers that are so much a part of Florida weather in August, tended to thin out the crowds at MK up until dinner time.

merlinmagic4
03-22-2007, 06:20 AM
We loved it when we went 8/19-8/26 in 2005 because the crowds were so low. We walked right onto lots of rides!! Have a great trip:mickey:

c&d
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
As other have said the crowds are light. Be prepared for the heat and humidity. We would hang out at our resort's pool during the day (and the water parks) and head over to the parks in the evening. EMH night hours were great.

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
We've done late August many times; the later in the month, the less the crowds - much of the country heads off to school again. Water Parks are GREAT during the week as the local kids are all back in school making it much more manageable! The weekends do get a bit crazy at BB and TL.

Labor Day Weekend does get pretty crowded, however. That's not until September, though.

We'll be there for 10 days at the end of August this year! :thumbsup:

rsumrall
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
We were there last year in late August. Weekends were somewhat crowded in the parks we were at, but the weekdays were very manageable, if not flat-out light. As mentioned by others, the rain showers are a reality, and don't forget that you are staring down the barrell of hurricane season too.

King Triton
03-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Late August is getting to be my favorite time to go, given that I can only go when the kids are out of school. The crowds really start to drop around mid-month and the park hours are pretty good (although they do shorten a little).

It is still hot, but I've found it not much worse than the mid-Atlantic, except that it doesn't cool off much at night and you will, almost daily, get the brief thunderstorm.

As long as no hurricanes are going thru, its a great time to go.

LilHooligan74
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
How are the crowds earlier in the month? My family and I are going to be there August 12-18. I am prepared for the heat, just curious about crowd levels. I have never stayed on property before so this trip I intend to use the EMH. The last time we were ther was 8/5/05 and there was a bad thunderstorm in the early pm so it thinned out. I am used to spring break crowds at disney so I was just looking for a comparison. Thank you

Jared
05-02-2007, 10:30 AM
The crowds become lighter throughout August. Public schools throughout the country start different weeks during the month. Most college begin the last week of August.

By the last weekend, the crowds should be manageable.

Donald Duck
05-02-2007, 01:10 PM
We're going Aug 20th to the 28th. I hope the crowds are light too.

I think the crowds will get heavier starting Aug 26th because the Free Dinning Package starts then.