PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan question

Mnchknbrat1982
03-21-2007, 09:56 PM
This is my first time using the dining plan. So I've got all my ts ADR's figured out to be booked on the 26th. But my question is this, what do you do about breakfast? We are on the plan that gives you a cs, snack, and ts each day. We're staying at Pop so we won't have a refridgerator in the room. Do you normally book a couple breakfasts and pay out of pocket at some table service places? Or do you grab something from the food court? I'm not a real big breakfast person but my boyfriend is. I don't mind paying out of pocket if you think we would then be hungry for our table service dinners.

here is my plans for adr's:

Chef Mickey's (either MK day or morning we leave)
Sci Fi Diner (Dinner MGM night)
Le Cellier (Dinner 1st Epcot night)
Coral Reef (Dinner 2nd Epcot night)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Dinner MK day)

Our Park Plans:
22: check in/down town
23: Magic Kingdom
24: Animal Kingdom/MGM
25: Epcot
26: MGM/Epcot

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey Brandie -

Breakfast is a great time to use your snack credits. You can get an entire box of Enteman's Donuts for 1 snack credit. Not a bad breakfast for 2 and you only use 1 snack credit. I would pay out of pocket for drinks. Better yet, I would get the refillable mugs for your stay and then you can get drinks each morning before you head out to the parks.

You will like the POP food court. There are a lot of great options.

The other thing you can do is to use your CS credits if you want a bigger breakfast and then use your snack credits at lunch time.

Either way, Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

alpro2
03-21-2007, 10:16 PM
We usually book a dinner show and pay out of pocket for that in advance, so that frees up a dinner credit to use for a breakfast. Also, we ship down dry breakfast foods to the resort ahead of time. Then we use snack credits for milk, etc. Saves a ton of money.

phillydan
03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Snack credits do work great for breakfast, but here's something to consider. If you use a counter service credit for the breakfast platter offered at POP, and then add 1 snack to it, you should end up with enough food to satisfy both of you. Pay for your drinks, or do the refillable. You will still have a counter service and snack available for lunch. This strategy worked extremely well with my family of five; your results may vary. ;)

Trust me, you will not go hungry on the plan.

Disneyfun
03-21-2007, 11:32 PM
HndrdPrcnt, alpro2, and phillydan all hit the nail right on the head! The Enteman doughnuts are great! I believe there are 12 to a box - 3 chocolate, 3 powdered, 3 cinnamon, and 3 cake if my memory serves me.
If you want to do a sit down breakfast like 1900 Park Faire, I would recommend paying out of pocket for them. They are only about $20/ person + drinks. In my opinion, not the best bang for your buck for a TS credit. My DW and I went to Crystal Palace last September for breakfast and the total was only $48 where as we went to Concourse Steak House on the plan and saved $108! :D

Figment!
03-21-2007, 11:35 PM
In case you needed a fourth confirmation (:D) snack credits are the best way to go as far as breakfast on the Dining Plan.

Breakfast in general are priced considerably lower than Lunch or Dinner and since you are paying a flat rate per day -- Breakfast is not an economically efficient use of your Counter Service or Table Service Credits.

Out-of-pocket or a Snack Credit are the best ways to go.:thumbsup:

Mnchknbrat1982
03-22-2007, 12:44 AM
thanks for confirming what I was thinking we would do. As we are going to do chef mickey's on the DDP the last day I think. But we also have $200 in disney gift cards to use that Alan's parents gave us at Christmas to use this trip. So I figured we would use those for breakfast items or pay out of pocket if they won't allow us to use them.

magicman
03-22-2007, 11:17 AM
We always bring cereal bars from home. My kids (and me) are too anxious to get started in the morning to stop for breakfast (unless it's a character meal).

Also, I'm envious...your ADR plans look good.

Goes4FastPass
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
For breakfast I pack granola bars and 'breakfast bars' and buy milk and juice - day by day if no fridge and feed my gang while they're getting ready to start the day.

I've always wondered why so many people get up, get dressed, and spend the cool morning when so many top attractions have short lines sitting is a restaurant eating powdered eggs. Then, when you've waited to settle your bill, head out to queue up in the Florida sun.

And I don't get the math of using a TS credit at Crystal Palace for breakfast when lunch or dinner has more food choices and costs exactly 1 TS credit.

Crow
03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
i usually go w refillable mug for coffee and granola bar or something just so the coffee doesnt eat away my stomach. then i would do a lunch at WS since it was cheaper...mayb a snack or pizza later
but this time i will b on the dining plan...so i am gonna eat more at dinner, which screws things up somewhat.
i dont want to use CS credit for breakfast really but if i use it for lunch i wont b able to eat dinner unless its really late.
i might use snack credit to buy schoolbread and take back to the resort for breakfast the next day.
the days i dont have a TS i will use CS mayb for a lunch then snack later or vice versa

January-2007
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
The kids meals at Pop are fantastic. I got them for breakfast and dinner a lot of days. For breakfast, with a total cost of $3.99 I would get a milk, two mini mickey head waffles, and I would get two applesauces because I don't like breakfast meat. If I was sharing with DH I would get the meat and he would eat it, that's two bucks for breakfast each when we shared, and 4 when we each got our own. I thought it was a great deal, and very yum! If you want a bigger breakfast go ahead and use the CS credit and then come back for dinner. My fave kids meal dinner there was the penne pasta with a meatball and red sauce, again two applesauces and milk. Again, only $3.99, and more than enough for me, at 22. My husband always got regular "adult" food for dinner though, so I'm not sure it would work for everybody, but we sure ate on the cheap!