PDA

View Full Version : WL Woods View

bibbidiboo3
03-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Have booked a WL woods view for Sept. Is the view just the woods or is there any way to see the MK castle. From the maps online, it looks like the view might just be of the Contemporary?!?:confused: Do we have to be on a certain floor?

sassafras
03-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Not sure, but probably just a view of the Contemporary.

Spaceship Tigger
03-22-2007, 07:40 AM
I believe you can see the fireworks from the top floors of the WL woods view rooms on that side, but I don't think you can really see the castle. In 2001 we had a woods view room on the ground floor and could only see trees, although it was very nice because we could walk out to the little pond area there.

darthmacho
03-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I recall seeing the castle from a window on the sixth floor, but that was from a hallway, I don't know if any of the rooms shared that same view.

WLfans
03-22-2007, 10:06 AM
We stayed in at WL with a wood view room 5030. We could see the castle and the fireworks at night. Now, it was clearly visable. You could make out the castle and we see the balls on the space ride in Tomorrow land. At night I watched the fireworks. Overall, I thought it was good. The higher up (6th) would be better.
I've read some posts that wood rooms overlook the maintenance area. People could hear trucks at all times of the night .
The Unoffical Guide, I think, has room numbers in it with good views. Also, try a search of the boards for posts on this. There have been many over the years.

geo
03-23-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a nice picture of the Monorail and Castle taken from the balcony of room 5032 I can send if you would like to see.

GrumpyFan
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I believe you can see the fireworks from the top floors of the WL woods view rooms on that side, but I don't think you can really see the castle. In 2001 we had a woods view room on the ground floor and could only see trees, although it was very nice because we could walk out to the little pond area there.

We had a room much like this, but didn't like it at all. The pond looked more like a backed up sewer. It was early spring and had a heavy dusting of pollen on top and smelled bad. So, we asked for another room. Luckily, they had something available. It wasn't a wood view, but was higher up on the opposite side away from the pool where it was quiet and peaceful.

bibbidiboo3
03-23-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd love to see a photo if you have it.:) Can you post it here? Was this a non-smoking section?