PDA

View Full Version : The Harrison's Thanksgiving 2006 Trip--Day 7

tyandskyesmom
03-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Wednesday November 29,2007
as taken from memory, pictures, and receipts

We slept in a bit today and were down at Riverside Mill by 10:15am for breakfast. Ty had a Cinnamon Bun ($2.59) and shared a Mickey waffle with meat ($5.49) and a banana ($.99) with Skye, Grammy had a french toast combo ($5.99), I had a ham and cheese omlette ($6.49), Lou had a Mickey Waffle with meat ($5.49) for a total of $25.84 (DDE = $6.06). We headed to Animal Kingdom, today was EMH there. We saw Festival of the Lion King and the Pocahantas Show. We met Goofy and Pluto. We did It's Tough To Be A Bug...which Skye loves but Ty wears his sweat shirt over his head for! We headed over to Asia where some Grammy and Ty rode Kali River rapids and then I got stuck going again...which I suppose wasn't so bad since it was raining a bit anyway so we had our ponchos on already. Lou and I did Everest again and tried to convince Ty that he'd really like it, I mean after all, after Rockin' Rollercoaster, Everest is nothing! But he was not having it! He met a "friend" near the stationary car to test sit in. We did the safari after that and then grabbed lunch again at Tuskr House. Grammy and I had the Rotisserie Chicken ($7.99 each), Lou had the Salmon ($7.99), Skye had the kids mac n cheese with 2 sides of grapes and an apple juice ($3.99), and Ty had the kids chicken drum stick with mashed potatoes, carrots, grapes and a water ($3.99) we also had a regular Coke ($2.09) and a large Diet Coke ($2.39) for a total of $31.04 (DDE = $7.29). It was all very good again even Tyler's mashed potatoes that he would not eat. Both the kids ended up eating off of the rotisserie chicken too. We managed to get a great seat outside to eat and the parade started while we were eating.Skye was needing to crash real bad but she made that hand wave thru the whole parade! She again pulled the bathroom thing...I guess she figured she needed another souvenier. Again, it is not easy to find clothes for a 2 1/2 year old in Africa! We ended up getting an kids black spaghetti strap shirt with a leopard print mickey head on it in a size medium ($22.00) and tying the back of the straps...she did look really cute in her new sundress! She fell asleep for a little while after the parade so we took the opportunity to have a soft serve ice cream (3.79) without the mess. We hit Everest again and were going to try the new Nemo show but th line was crazy again. We headed back to Dinoland and Lou and Ty grabbed three rides on Primevil Whirl while we rode Triceratops Spin and pin shopped. We somehow ended up back in Camp Minnie-Mickey (??) and on the way out met Stitch. The tree looks really neat all lit up! We headed up to the front and caught a bus back to Port Orleans Riverside. Tyler had been bugging us since we arrived to get a characature (SP??) done so since Skye was sleeping since the bus ride we decided this as the night. We checked for availability at Boatwright's and we were able to get an ADR for 8pm. So we went back and Ty had his picture done ($47.88 with a tube for travel)
as a rock star. Now the way this kid sat there in that chair you would have thought we had been bugging him all week to do it! It did turn out cute and she did do some personalization on it too! Skye woke up just as Ty was finishing and she wen to watch TV in the lobby and color. It was time for dinner then and we were seated in a great table. Lou had the shrimp cocktail ($9.99), the Jambalaya ($17.49) and a coke ($2.19), I had the Crab Cakes ($9.49), prime rib ($20.99) and a diet coke ($2.19), Ty had they Just Dip It ($7.49) which was strawberries, cucumbers, carrots, celery, pineapple, and apples with strwberry yogurt and we asked for extra apples instead of the chicken salad (because neither of them will eat anything like that) and a coke (2.19), and Skye had the Chicken Strips ($7.49) which was chicken sort of like large chicken nuggets without the breading, strawberry yogurt with strawberries and granola on it , sweet potatoe fries and carrots and green beans, and an apple juice (2.29) for a total of $69.70 (DDE = $16.36). Actually the kids shared their meals as I suspected the would but Ty loved the chicken and all the veggies and fruit went down well. My prime rib was great but I think Lou did not like his as much as he expected to...but it was pretty good and huge! Oh, and the corn muffins were wonderful! We headed back to our room after dinner which was over about 9pm and we all fell asleep pretty quickly!

kakn7294
03-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Sounds like you had fun despite the weather! I saw your pictures of Ty getting the caracture done and I agree, he looked like he was being forced to sit there and pose! Aren't kids rotten sometime? Can't wait for the rest of the reports!

faline
03-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't think I've ever been in Animal Kingdom when it was dark enough to light up the tree! That must be a wonderful sight!

pdrlkr
03-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: