PDA

View Full Version : Alligent Air from Easton Pa?

Cozfamilyof6
03-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey- Has anyone ever flown out of Easton, Pa on Alligent Air? We just heard about them and Easton/Allentown is about 45 minutes from our house. We usually go out of Newark which can be hectic with 3 little ones. Looking for something easuer.

TiggeRia
03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi! I fly out of ABE frequently, but I have never flown Allegiant Air. One of the reasons is that they fly into Orlando/Sanford and you wouldn't be able to use the Magical Express. I have friends who have flown with them, and they have had no complaints. I think you have to be careful though, because ABE, or LVIA (as it's called now), has had several airlines that boast good prices from this area to Florida. Several of those companies have gone out of business or chose not to use ABE as an airport anymore. I don't know how that would impact you if you bought tickets for a few months down the road, and then they decide not to fly out of there anymore.

On the other hand, the airport is a cinch to navigate. The terminal is so small and it never takes long to get through security or to get your baggage. On my upcoming trip to WDW, I bought tickets from United leaving from ABE, and I actually got a better price than if I left from Newark. I couldn't get a decent price on the return trip, so we're returning into Philly (once again, much cheaper than Newark).

Even if the price is a little more than Newark, sometimes it's worth that extra money to not have to deal with the crowds, security, etc...

momef3grls
03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
A girl I work with flew on allegiant and liked it but they had to rent a car when they got there because as the previous poster said you can't use the ME. I am going to the world in Oct and flying out of ABE and using Delta. I got a great deal and when I figured it out it was actually cheaper than allegiant when you figured car rental for a week on a vehicle that is going to sit in a lot at the hotel. I can also take advantage of check in at the hotel when we leave since Delta is a participating airline. The more time I can spend at WDW the better. :thumbsup:

cvzdesign
03-22-2007, 01:26 PM
It must depend on your tickets then.
Our Tickets with Allegiant were $79 each way, with a non stop flight. If I were to fly the other airlines that go into MCO airport, I would have a guarantee of at least an hour layover somewhere, and the ticket prices were at least $200 round trip.

We are going to rent a towncar which will be about $170 round trip. We more than saved that much in the tickets, and saved the time in layovers and not having to wait for the Magical Express to drop other hotels off.
I hope it all works out as I see it now. We'll have saved money and time.
I wouldn't rent a car and leave it there though.
I'm on vacation. The best thing about DisneyWorld is that I don't have to drive anywhere. Someone else can take me where I want to go and I can sit back and relax.

SurferStitch
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
My brother and his family flew Allegiant out of ABE last year, and they said it went very well. Flights were on time, and Sanford was easy to get in and out of via car.

ABE is actually in Bethlehem, so it's a little further west of Easton on Rt. 22 ( I assume you're coming from NJ since you usually fly out of Newark). ABE is a great airport, and is very easy to get to from 22 on Airport Road North.

We actually fly out of Philly now because we get such incredible rates through Southwest on non-stop flights to MCO (usually $39-$49 each way).

And TiggeRia....I work in Pburg! Small world!

TiggeRia
03-22-2007, 08:43 PM
And TiggeRia....I work in Pburg! Small world!

It certainly is!!!! :mickey: