Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker

Dinner:
50's Primetime or Hollywood and VIne
and
Coral Reef or San Angel

Romantic Dinner for two (we don't drink alcohol):
Spoodles or Narcoossee's

Food is slightly more important than atmosphere, but atmosphere does count with us.

Thanks,
Karen

KAJUNKING
03-21-2007, 06:20 PM
havent been to any of your choices other than san angel, we ate there last sept and it was one of our favorites, the food is really good, the atmosphere is great, the flan is to die for!

LibertyTreeGal
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Flame Tree -- the view of Everest is beautiful and the food is awesome! :thumbsup:

50's PTC

Can't decide between San Angel and Coral Reef because I'm allergic to seafood and therefore not a good person to ask

Haven't been to either Spoodles or Narcooses, but we are doing Spoodles in November based on Intercot reviews.

May524
03-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker

Dinner:
and
Coral Reef or San Angel

Spoodles or Narcoossee's

Flame Tree! The ribs are really yummy and are a good and different option rather than chicken fingers and burgers!

Now 50 PTC or Hollywood and Vine depends on what time of dining experience you want. I've dined at both and enjoyed both! 50's is SO much fun, and hollywood and vine is a buffet. But if I had to chose, 50's PTC!

I've never been to Coral Reef but I wasn't impressed by San Angel Inn, what about Le Cellier?

I've never been to Narcosse's or Spoodles either. But we stayed at the Boardwalk on our honeymoon and its VERY fun and romantic, so...if I have to chose, Spoodles!

MsMin
03-21-2007, 06:53 PM
Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker
We enjoy Tusker b/c it has more variety- my kids don't like bbq. My parents enjoyed Flame Tree.

Dinner:

have not been to either ... I considered H&V for the group but the menu didn't appear to satisfy our group

Coral Reef or San Angel
I've been to both and would take CR over SA in a second. I've eaten @ CR 2x's and loved it both times and SA about 3x's my last meal was disappointing and haven't been back. My meal looked like it had been under a heat lamp for ages- it was dry-- could have been a bad day for them. :confused:
Both have nice atmosphere but I pick CR-- I know some would disagree.

Romantic Dinner for two (we don't drink alcohol):Spoodles or Narcoossee's
I've never been to Narcoossee's but hear it's wonderful.
We love Spoodles the food was fantastic but atmosphere is not it's strong pt. If you want intimacy and romance I wouldn't pick Spoodles but the food is to die for. I plan to go back next trip.
It may be tough to compare a 2TS (Narcoossee's)to a 1 TS (Spoodles)

2MuchWDFun
03-21-2007, 07:13 PM
Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker\

Flame Tree-good food all around, plus we really enjoy the eating area.

Dinner:
and
Coral Reef or San Angel

50's Prime time. Make sure you have an interactive group. If you all are shy you may not enjoy the experience.
Coral Reef...my husband and I l-o-v-e-d our meal there last September. The atmosphere is wonderful...you are literally "unda da sea". Someone in your party must get the seared Ahi tuna with wasabi mashed potatos-the tuna is sushi grade.(I wasn't a sushi or fish fan before that meal). They also have a large cut Prime Rib for the beef eaters and of course the outrageously delicious "The Wave" dessert.

We haven't been to Spoodles or Narcosee's so I can't comment on those.

You may want to consider the California Grill at the Contemporary for your romantic meal for two. Excellent food and a great view of the Castle. Plus, you can time your ADR so that you can view the fireworks (Wishes)...how romantic!

Enjoy your meals...I know wherever you end up dining you will have a great time.

luvdash
03-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Tusker house was great food, but I haven't ate at Flame tree.

50's is lots of fun and had good food!

Had a very bad experience at Coral reef, so I would pick anything but there!!

Haven't been to either of your other choices.

Good luck!

richardsa98
03-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Here are my picks...

Lunch:
Flame Tree

Dinner:
50's Primetime
and
San Angel

Romantic Dinner for two :
Narcoossee's

Good luck and enjoy:)

EvilQueen2006
03-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker
Tusker House! really good salmon. Yummy carrot cake. Flame Tree is not a bad choice either though.

Dinner:
Never been to 50's, but H&V was nothing too special.
and
Coral Reef or San Angel
Never been to San Angel's, but Coral Reef was really good. Good Service, Good Food, and delicious dessert.

Spoodles or Narcoossee'sSorry, can't help, never been to either restaurant.

HndrdPrcnt
03-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker

Dinner:
and
Coral Reef or San Angel

Spoodles or Narcoossee's

Food is slightly more important than atmosphere, but atmosphere does count with us.

Thanks,
Karen

1 - 50's PTC hands down!! This place is so much fun and the food is good down home cookin'. You will love this place!!

2 - Coral Reef based on food quality and atmosphere. Where else can you dine with an aquarium taking up 1 entire wall of the restaurant. And, be sure to have the lava flow dessert.

3 - Can't reply to this one as I have never been to either. However, if you really want romantic, I would do California Grill. My DW and I love this place and make a date of it on every trip!!

Enjoy!:mickey:

Natazu
03-22-2007, 01:24 AM
Tusker House over Flame Tree by a nose

50's over H&V by a full menu

Coral Reef over San Angel Inn by a fish tank

Narcoossee's over Spoodles by a lobster

BelleCiavo
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
We went with:
50's PTC
Coral Reef
Narcoossee's

but still can't decide between FT and Tuskers
Thanks for your help!
Karen :mickey:

pook@wdw
03-24-2007, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=BelleCiavo;1230785]Lunch:
Flame Tree or Tusker

Dinner:
and
Coral Reef or San Angel

Spoodles or Narcoossee's

Thanks,
Karen[/QUOTE
Flame Tree:eat:
50's Prime time:eat:
San Angel:eat:
Can't say for Spoodles or Narcoosee's. Heard good things about both! :sorry:
Bon Apetite':wave:

ginny57
03-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Between FT & Tusker, the food is good either way. I did prefer the atmosphere at FT. Tusker was very crowded when I was there (more than once) and I felt rushed because I didn't feel like I could linger with soooo many people looking for a table. FT was a more relaxed place to me. We enjoyed the overall experience more.

caryrae
03-26-2007, 01:33 PM
You may want to consider the California Grill at the Contemporary for your romantic meal for two. Excellent food and a great view of the Castle. Plus, you can time your ADR so that you can view the fireworks (Wishes)...how romantic!

I would agree with you. My wife and I did this for our 5th wedding anniversary years ago and it was one of my best memories of WDW. We didn't know what to expect, we booked dinner for the same time as the MK firework show and it was awesome. They turned down the lights in the reasturant and piped in the music and narration from the show. We got a table for 2 right up front next to window facing the castle, we will never forget it. The food was great and the outside walkway they have up there (you can get to from the reasturant) had a great view of the MK at night.

wire0monkey
03-26-2007, 04:11 PM
If you're really into BBQ, Flame Tree isn't that great. I go to a lot of BBQ places and lots of championship places, and Flame Tree was really disappointing. The meat is not cooked correctly and the sauce was overly salted and not well spiced otherwise. It's like a can of tomato sauce was dumped over the meat with no other flavor. The seating area is nice, though.

thejens
03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Go with Flame tree if you prefer barbecue and go with Tusker if you want comfort food. I agree the outdoor seating for Flame tree was very pleasant, while Tusker house was a noisy giant cafeteria. Can't really go wrong with either though.

em-n-mia's-mommy
03-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Tusker House was very good. Down home kind of meals. Makes for a great lunch and something other than burgers and fries.

We did not care for 50's prime time when we dined there. The atmosphere is great, but the food left much to be desired.