PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moderate?

Mnchknbrat1982
03-21-2007, 05:49 PM
What is your favorite moderate hotel to stay at? We are thinking about upgrading to a moderate hotel if they come out with the free dining for September. However I can't make up my mind which to stay at. Which one is the closest or most centerally located? How are the bus systems also? It will only be my boyfriend & I in the room. Right now we are booked at Pop Century. This will be the first time for both of us staying on site. So please give honest opinions. We are in our twenty's if that needs to weigh in.

Strmchsr
03-21-2007, 06:34 PM
The moderates are fun, but I don't know that the rooms are much nicer than at POP. It's basically just the resort amenities. POFQ is my favorite, but I love jazz and New Orleans so it's the perfect theme for me. POFQ is also the most romantic of the moderates. However, they all are excellent, so there aren't ones that are really better than another. It's mostly about which theme you like - Old South, New Orleans Mardi Gras, Caribbean, etc. I would say that POR tends to be a lot of families, for a young couple that might not be the best.

GreenBeetle
03-21-2007, 07:58 PM
:ditto: POFQ without a doubt! A very quaint, small resort - no long hikes to anything. Beautiful scenery and landscaping.

Gator
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Been to 3 out of 4. I loved Coronado. Very well themed, especially the Rancho section. Plus it is close to 3 parks. CB is good, being close to 2 parks. POR I found not so good being far from all parks, plus if you don't get a mansion room, you get a lousy room.

Mnchknbrat1982
03-21-2007, 10:18 PM
how is the bus service at the cornado as that is one of the ones I am leaning towards. My bf is a history buff so with the myan theme ya know.

mickey98
03-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Put my vote in for the CBR :number1:

mttafire
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
:ditto: POFQ without a doubt! A very quaint, small resort - no long hikes to anything. Beautiful scenery and landscaping.

Yep, Its tough to beat Pofq. It is just so well though out and an all around great resort.:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-21-2007, 11:33 PM
POFQ for us too. :thumbsup:

We did like CBR too.

Crow
03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
how is the bus service at the cornado as that is one of the ones I am leaning towards. My bf is a history buff so with the myan theme ya know.

stayed there once and am staying again in May..think i remember it bein ok buswise.
of the mods POFQ is my top probably, then CBR...POR last. they are all pretty centrally located and POR n FQ have boat to DD.

Mickey 101
03-22-2007, 01:17 AM
We've stayed at POFQ and CBR. Of those, our favorite is CBR because we prefer the tropical theming since we always go when its cold and gray in the midwest.

alpro2
03-22-2007, 06:06 AM
The moderates are fun, but I don't know that the rooms are much nicer than at POP.

Moderates have bigger rooms. 314 square feet compared to the Values at 260 square feet.

Like many other posters stated, POFQ gets my vote as fav Mod.:thumbsup:

BellewanaB
03-22-2007, 09:32 AM
If this is your first time on property and you can swing it- DO A MODERATE NOT MATTER WHICH YOU CHOOSE!
Even if you don't indulge in all of the additional ammenties it's beautiful theming to walk back and forth in and for the most part they are more centrally located on property. (Pop Century isn't that bad, though)
If you book through Magical Journeys (links found on intercot) you might also be pleasantly surprised with a discount or special running that time of year. Don't plan on anything, but sometimes in the fall there are things that pop up and MJ will automatically apply them to your reservation. (Deb is my fav!)

I'm also the same person who devoted herself to Raman Noodles in college just to afford a couple nights on property then slum it for the rest of the week off property. If you can do it- GO FOR IT!:D

c&d
03-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I've stayed at 3 of them, and my favorite is Coronado Springs. It was a beautiful resort. You can see the fireworks at MK and Epcot at night from the resort. Loved the food court, so many choices of food. Bonus, first bus stop at the MK. Short walk to the entrance.

We also liked POR. We really liked the alligator bayou section.

We were OK with POFQ and that was mainly because of the food court. I felt there weren't that many selections to our liking in the food court. I did like the small feel of the resort. It was very easy to get around and being the first bus stop was nice.

Goofy Pluto
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I've only stayed at CBR and POR. I thought CBR was OK. I wouldn't necessarily stay there again. However, we REALLY liked POR. We were only there for a few days, but it's really nice. It feels like a Disney Hotel. You really feel like you are in The World there. I didn't feel like that at CBR. We can't afford it this coming trip, but we cannot wait to stay at POR again.

MissT
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
POFQ was intimate and 1st stop for bus at PO resorts. Our only complaint was the food court. It seemed to have few selections & moved quite slowly when we were in a hurry to get to the bus. If the food court is not an issue, then FQ is a great choice.

jake
03-22-2007, 11:31 AM
i WAS IN THE SAME AS YOU WHEN i DATED MY NOW WIFE. WE STAYED AT THE POFQ. YOU CAN A BOAT FROM THE RESORT TO DOWNTOWN DISNEY.

darthmacho
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I love Coronado Springs the best, but I'm really getting excited about the possibility of staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

Here we go again...
03-22-2007, 03:49 PM
If you can afford it, stay at a moderate. The rooms are just a little larger but the resorts are much more spread out and relaxing. The value resorts are designed more for the kids so there are many more kids running around.

My favorite is Caribbean Beach. I love the tropical feel of this resort. When we would get back from the parks it was like going to the beach. We could see the fireworks from Epcot at night when we would sit out on the hammocks. No all of them... the buildings blocked most of the view. But it was still cool to be able to sit on the beach and see some.

browneyedgirl12
03-22-2007, 04:19 PM
My family and I stayed at POR and it was fantastic we wouldn't stay at any other Moderate resort we tried Coronado Springs and we didn't enjoy it very much it was a long walk to everything and the pool wasn't all that great plus it is a convention hotel and not themed very well!! Althou at POR it is a long walk to everything as well you can also rent boats or bicycles or you can take a boat to DD it is also one of the more romantic resorts WDW!! What ever you chose I hope you have a fantastic time!!;)

Mnchknbrat1982
03-23-2007, 01:40 PM
thanks for all the recommendations, after looking at pictures of all the moderates I am leaning towards the Port Orleans French Quarter. But I am waiting till I hear about if there will be free dining.

mdricks
03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Go with POFQ. The busses come here first and then go to POR. you are first on and first off. The boat ride to DTD is a real plus, especialy if you plan on going to other resorts to dine or visit. A ride back on the boat looking at all the lights at night is very nice.

Oh and the beniets dont hurt either. :D