PDA

View Full Version : WL/How is the bus service?

magicgal
03-21-2007, 05:44 PM
WL is one of our options for next year. How has their bus service been? Do they always share buses, and if so are they usually last to be picked up? I appreciate any help that you can give to me. Thanks!

mouseketeer mom
03-21-2007, 08:35 PM
We've stayed at the WL twice. Once last May, and once last month! We had no problems at all with the bus service (no problems with boat service either I might add!) I remember short waits both times, and never scrambling for a seat because being last picked up, everything was always easy. Enjoy if you choose it! It is one of our faves.

SgtTigger
03-21-2007, 08:39 PM
It does matter when you are going......

Some busses do share like Epcot did stop at Grand Floridian after picking up at Wilderness Lodge once..... They use to share with Fort Wilderness For a lot of things but on our last two trips we did not share with them at all...... I have found that the bus service has been much better than in past years.......

:cop: :tigger:

Maleficent's Dad
03-21-2007, 09:43 PM
I have found that the bus service has been much better than in past years.......
I agree! :thumbsup:

The bus service has improved quite a bit.

The routes have changed over the years, but we've shared buses with the Poly, the GF, and FW. The WL was always picked up first, so seats weren't a problem.

Last year, we didn't stop at FW once (during Christmas Week).

Luv Eeyore
03-22-2007, 01:20 PM
We were very pleased with the bus service. We did share w/Poly on a few occasions, but that was dependent on the time of day and the destination as I recall. We never had an issue, and in fact, found the bus service better and less crowded than at the BC, which is where we typically stay.

CarolinaWDWFan
03-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Bus and boat service are great. We went a year and a half ago. We did share with FW a couple of times but not for the majority of our trips.

Have a great stay!

BrerGnat
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I hate to be the voice of dissent here, but I just stayed at the WL in February and was less than pleased with the bus service. Waits for buses were not long at all, and the buses were never crowded, but the time it took to get from point A to point B was excessive most of the time. This was due to sharing EVERY time with at least one other resort, but usually two. Every bus we got on that was headed to a park stopped first at FW and many times ALSO at the GF. :confused: THEN we would be on our way. Those stops take a long time and it seems like it always took us at LEAST 30 minutes to get anywhere. The boat service was very slow and there were not many boats at all. The most annoying thing was trying to get back to WL after dinner at one of the MK resorts after park closing. Our travel time from the Polynesian and Contemporary back to WL averaged 45 minutes!

I would highly recommend taking these travel times into account and if this is going to annoy you, rent a car or choose another hotel. The bus service at WL left a lot to be desired.