PDA

View Full Version : "Planet Earth" on Discovery Channel

caryrae
03-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Anyone else think the mini series "Planet Earth" on Discovery Channel starting this Sunday looks pretty awesome?

Strmchsr
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
The promos look awesome. Hopefully it will deliver. I certainly enjoyed the series spotlighting the different countries they did back in the fall.

JPL
03-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Discovery usually does a good job with these series. I thought the Blue Seas series was excellent.

NotaGeek
03-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Being that I am SO fast forward. HA. I have already seen the whole series thanks to my new room mate and his need to be all techno-nerdified. He bought the DVDs in the UK (he loved in Europe for the last 2 years as a bus guide getting too see pretty much everywhere possible) and of course he has this fancy DVD player that plays any DVD no matter what format, so we had a LONG weekend and watched the episodes. They are AMAZING. Seriously. Set your TiVOs!!!

ibrowse17
03-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, it does look pretty cool. I plan to give it a look see:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
03-23-2007, 04:15 PM
The Today show this AM had the director/camera men on and showed some pieces of it. It looks AWESOME! Shows polar bear cubs coming out of their den for the first time (so cute and cuddly) Showed a pride of lionesses (20 strong) taking down an elephant! Looks very intense and like a great show to watch! The stories of what these guys went thru to get some of the footage - wow! I plan to watch it!

Mufasa
03-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Planet Earth is a great series- I just hate that the Discovery channel felt it was necessary to dub over the original narration by Sir David Attenborough and also that they cut out about 90 minutes of footage from the original series as it aired in the UK (and strange that the episodes are being shown in a different order).

At least the DVD release has the original narration although I'm not sure if the upcoming HD versions on Blu-ray will have the original narration or not (which is a shame)

JPL
03-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I'v enoticed that with a few shows on Discovery. It's almost like they feel they have to "dumb" them down.