PDA

View Full Version : Do they kick people out?

January-2007
03-21-2007, 04:04 PM
I just got off the phone making my ADRs for May and I have a question. I wanted to eat breakfast at Cape May Cafe since we're staying at the Beach Club so I asked how late they served breakfast. She said 10:40, so I made the ADR for 9:30. This is our first morning so I wanted a late breakfast, we're definately not going to the parks that day- Memorial Day Weekend, yuck! So anyway, my question is, what if I had made the ADR for 10:40? Would we be rushed? I just made the snap decision for 9:30 so we would have a nice leisurely hour to graze and meet with characters. How does it work if you're still there and they "stop serving breakfast at 10:40"?? Just curious. Seems like I could call back and change it to later if it'd be okay... All you experienced diners out there, let me know! (and yes, I do overthink everything...)

Seasonscraps
03-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Maybe 10:40 is the time of the last ADR? But in general I think they would stay open as long as there are guests in the restaurant. There is probably an average time people stay at buffets that is calculated when accepting ADRs. They don't serve lunch so they don't have to worry about a new set up immediately after breakfast.

bicker
03-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Generally, restaurants turn over breakfast at a specific time, regardless. With the last ADR at 10:40, perhaps they stop serving at 11:15, expecting that folks seated at 10:40 will have gotten their food by then.

wendy*darling
03-22-2007, 07:03 AM
No, they don't kick you out.
10:40 is not the time they close, but the time of the last ADR/seating.
I have eaten a a few character buffets toward the end of the shift and found the food to be just a s fresh, and the character interaction just as fun.
If you wanted to sleep in even later, I think even 10:00 would be fine.

CleveSJM
03-22-2007, 12:58 PM
... She said 10:40, so I made the ADR for 9:30.

That sentence struck me as very funny!!! :D

Even 10:40 would be good. They won't kick you out and you'll likely get extra special character time. I would expect by 11:15 or so they would stop replenishing some of the items...

Sleep in!!! :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
03-23-2007, 01:42 PM
I can't say anything about breakfast at Cape May but let me tell you what happened to us at Crystal Palace.

We were seated for breakfast close to the end of when they change over to lunch. When we went back for seconds, a CM very discreetly followed us over to make sure we only took breakfast entree's, and not lunch selections that were already being served.

We didn't do this on purpose - (I'm sure some folks would), - we just weren't aware.

My point to them was, why didn't they explain that we would have to finish in 20 minutes, because it would be Lunch then. We did as they asked, but really felt uncomfortable, and a little embarrassed. We were actually being WATCHED !!:(