PDA

View Full Version : Extra Magic Hours

katieandemismom
03-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Disney novice here - we are staying at AKL. I have a listing of the parks' extra magic hours. What exactly does it mean? I'm assuming if the hours listed on the Disney website say 9-9 and EMH are in the morning, the park will open at 8am for us. But....the website says up to 3 hours late for pm hours. Can someone tell me how late each park will actually be open? And....the hours listed on the site for the day don't include the extra time, right?

Thanks!

skisurf2
03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Right,

KAJUNKING
03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
sounds like youve got it, three hours after the regular closing time, have fun :mickey:

SplashFan01
03-21-2007, 07:19 PM
I was wondering about this too. It does say up to 3 hours late, so does that mean it might only be open one or two hours late? or is it always 3?

CleveRocks
03-21-2007, 10:59 PM
It's ALWAYS 3 hours. The lawyers make them say "up to" in order to cover their you-know-whats just in case they'd need to cut it short for some unknown reason -- if anyone complained or sued, they can point to all their literature that says no one is GUARANTEED 3 extra hours.

But in practice, in reality, it is 3 hours. Period.

And as everyone else told you, the posted hours are the hours the parks are open to the general public. You must do the EMH math yourself.:teach:

Figment!
03-21-2007, 11:31 PM
It's ALWAYS 3 hours. The lawyers make them say "up to" in order to cover their you-know-whats just in case they'd need to cut it short for some unknown reason -- if anyone complained or sued, they can point to all their literature that says no one is GUARANTEED 3 extra hours.

But in practice, in reality, it is 3 hours. Period.It's not quite that absolute.

The have been a handful of 2 hour Evening Extra Magic Hours during past slow attendance periods (primarily during the infancy of the program).

It's less of a legal precaution and more of an opportunity to allocate resources more efficiently due to a low attendance period.

It would be safe to estimate that 99% of the Evening Extra Magic Hours are the full three hours.

KAJUNKING
03-22-2007, 12:53 AM

But in practice, in reality, it is 3 hours. Period.

And as everyone else told you, the posted hours are the hours the parks are open to the general public. You must do the EMH math yourself.:teach:

i do like the do the emh math yourself thing thats funny :D