PDA

View Full Version : Pools at Wilderness Lodge & AKL

Relmal
03-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I was just looking for some information on the pools at these two resorts. I like the quiet pools at POR and was wondering if either of these 2 resorts have them? Also wondering if they have water slides at the main pool? :swim:
Any info you have is greatly appreciated!:mickey:

IDreamofEeyore
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Can't speak for AKL...but WL has 2 pools...the main, large pool is located just beyond the main lobby and next to the geyser. It has a water slide designed to look like it's built from rocks. Our DS (6) LOVES this pool! There is also a much smaller, quieter pool by the Villas.

JPL
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
The pool at AKL is large but not very themed when you compare it to other pools on property. It's a great pool but don't expect the grand theming. It does have a water slide for kids.

Tinkerfreak
03-22-2007, 12:33 PM
My kids loved the AKL pool. When they were littler the zero entry leven was nice. I like the openess of it so I could see them really well no matter what side of the pool they were on. They are older now and love the slide and the lifeguards played fun games with them.

JoDisney
03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
The AKL pool has a theme. It would not have an elaborate theme in an African savannah. The pool fits. The water looks almost murky. I love the look! The slide fits and there are two hot tubs. I think it is really cool.

Spaceship Tigger
03-23-2007, 08:11 AM
The AKL pool has a theme. It would not have an elaborate theme in an African savannah. The pool fits. The water looks almost murky. I love the look! The slide fits and there are two hot tubs. I think it is really cool.

I agree. I think the AKL pool certainly has a theme. I love the look of the entire pool area there.

However, my favorite is the WL pool area where the stream runs down into the pool itself.