PDA

View Full Version : Old passes

Goofy Pluto
03-21-2007, 02:05 PM
We have some old passes from previous trips we took to WDW and never used up. But I'm not sure what is on them. How can we find out? Thanks.

ibrowse17
03-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Most expire 14 days from the first use, unless you got the ones with out an expiration date. If that is the case, I would try City Hall at the MK.

CleveRocks
03-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Prior to January 2, 2005, there was no such thing as the no-expiration option. For a while, tickets sold with packages were "length of stay" tickets, and any park days that you didn't use during that stay just expired. But if you bought tickets separate from a package, then THOSE unused days didn't expire.

Unfortunately, there's no way to check on how many days you might have left from home. You must do it in-person at Guest Services at one of the 4 theme parks or 2 water parks or Downtown Disney. This is THE only way.

Goofy Pluto
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Prior to January 2, 2005, there was no such thing as the no-expiration option. For a while, tickets sold with packages were "length of stay" tickets, and any park days that you didn't use during that stay just expired. But if you bought tickets separate from a package, then THOSE unused days didn't expire.

Unfortunately, there's no way to check on how many days you might have left from home. You must do it in-person at Guest Services at one of the 4 theme parks or 2 water parks or Downtown Disney. This is THE only way.

Well, that stinks.

The tickets are from prior to 2005 (at least 2004), but depending on what is on them could help us decide some of our plans and what tickets we need to purchase. I think we may have at least 2 one day at the parks left and at least 2 waterpark passes, but I'm not sure.

Did it be you used to be able to take them to the Disney Store to find out? No longer, huh?

CleveRocks
03-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't know if the Disney store ever did that, but I guess that doesn't matter for you anyway. I'm 100% certain it can't be done at the present day. In fact, Disney no longer even owns the Disney stores, they just license out the Disney name and supply the merchandise.

Sorry, the only way to do it is at WDW itself. They will not help you with this over the phone, either.

But here's the good news ....

Let's say you assume the tickets in your hands are good. You order tickets through Disney for the amount of days you think you'll need. But then you get to WDW and find out those "old" tickets are no good. NO PROBLEM! You can simply add days to the "new" tickets you just bought. Adding days is easy, and doesn't cost any more money than if you'd done it "correctly" in the first place.

In other words, let's say you need park tickets for 6 days, but you buy 4-day passes because you think you already have 2 days, only to find out later that those 2 days don't exist. All you have to do is pay to have those 2 days added, which will cost you all of about $10 extra for each ticket.

Simple AND cheap!!!

You can add to/upgrade new tickets up to 14 days from their date of first use. So you don't even need to decide immediately!

Goofy Pluto
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know if the Disney store ever did that, but I guess that doesn't matter for you anyway. I'm 100% certain it can't be done at the present day. In fact, Disney no longer even owns the Disney stores, they just license out the Disney name and supply the merchandise.

Sorry, the only way to do it is at WDW itself. They will not help you with this over the phone, either.

But here's the good news ....

Let's say you assume the tickets in your hands are good. You order tickets through Disney for the amount of days you think you'll need. But then you get to WDW and find out those "old" tickets are no good. NO PROBLEM! You can simply add days to the "new" tickets you just bought. Adding days is easy, and doesn't cost any more money than if you'd done it "correctly" in the first place.

In other words, let's say you need park tickets for 6 days, but you buy 4-day passes because you think you already have 2 days, only to find out later that those 2 days don't exist. All you have to do is pay to have those 2 days added, which will cost you all of about $10 extra for each ticket.

Simple AND cheap!!!

You can add to/upgrade new tickets up to 14 days from their date of first use. So you don't even need to decide immediately!

Thanks for the help! :)