PDA

View Full Version : Character Connection

allie_to_you
03-21-2007, 01:37 PM
What is this? I think I've heard of it being in Epcot but not sure? Is it an extra cost?

krose78
03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
It a character meet and greet. It is in FW in Epcot and mostly we have only seen Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald in there. There is no charge, it is like the meet and greet in Toontown in MK only smaller.

mudpuppysmom
03-21-2007, 02:04 PM
I want to say this is very near to Club Cool (like right around the cormer), but I mihgt be on the wrong corner.

We have gone in and seen Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale, and I want to say Friar Tuck???? There may have been a couple of others, but it is a great place to meet characters!!

bradk
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
normally, it's wedged between the breezeway by innoventions west and the fountainview cafe. however it's in a temporary space right now until about september as they're redoing the original space. the temporary space is much smaller but in the same building. the best way i can describe to get to it is to walk through club cool and then take an immediate right through the black doors as you exit the back of it.

since the YOMD, it's my understanding that it's mostly Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip & Dale (and they're actually doubled up in the temporary space. I even saw Mickey & Minnie *together* which is rare), but I've heard others say they've seen other characters in the character connection since YOMD started (but I never have). in addition, Donald no longer appears there since he appears regularly in Mexico as part of the 3 caballeros.

it actually replaced the characters on holiday bus that used to make a few appearances throughout the day. i think this stopped in late 05/early 06. the character connection runs continously between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm, give or take.

Mary Poppins fan
03-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Last September we went twice to the Character Connection. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, Goofy, Pluto, Mary Poppins, Captain Hook, and Belle. The kids loved it! :thumbsup:

January-2007
03-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Another great advantage for us was that the Character Connection was open during the Evening EMH at Epcot, so that's when we went. It was great, not having to wait in huge lines, and there are cool backgrounds for the pictures with the characters. :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
We saw Alice there in September too. We have great video of her doing "ring a round the roses" with Chip and Dale. So cool.

conorsmom2000
03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
We love going to Character connection and rarely seem to hit a line there - mostly we see the usuals (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) but in 2005 we saw this character (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/2246122#137919380)and, I'm embarrased to say, I have no idea who she is. :blush: Conor was only 5 and wouldn't go near her, but he was being funny with Mike!

Meeko_33785
03-22-2007, 07:24 PM
We love going to Character connection and rarely seem to hit a line there - mostly we see the usuals (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) but in 2005 we saw this guy (http://jmcmurray.smugmug.com/gallery/2246122#137919380)and, I'm embarrased to say, I have no idea who he is. :blush: Conor was only 5 and wouldn't go near him, but he was being funny with Mike!

That's Terk from Tarzan. She's pretty rare to see there these days.

Blue Genie
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah like Mekko said that Terk from Tarzan and he is a she. Rosie O'Donnald did her voice.

conorsmom2000
03-22-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks for letting me know! :thumbsup: I'll be honest - as you may have already guessed, I've never seen Tarzan! I believe it is the only movie we've never watched! :blush:

bradk
03-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Terk does appear in the DAK parade, but probably the only time I've seen her out was with Jane in front of DAK, but that was in 05 too I think.

PirateLover
03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I met Terk way back in 02 outside of AK. I haven't been to Character Connection yet, but I plan to hit it up next time around.

like2workout
03-23-2007, 11:32 PM
i just got back from disneyworld today, and they had characters by two's in the character connection this week. it was chip and dale, pluto and goofy, and mickey and minnie. they were all in blue sparkly type outfits. a photo pass photographer there taking the pics of minnie and mickey said they never ever put them together, but they have for a short while (maybe just this week), and she took over 1700 photos in 1 day since so many people wanted them together. it's a great organized way to get pics!

bradk
03-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Mickey & Minnie were together when I was there first week of this month. I asked a CM about it and she seemed very unsure as to how long it will be that way. evidently for a while it was Mickey & Pluto and Minnie & Goofy.. funny thing is, I almost was going to skip the CC because one of the CMs earlier told me who was in there and i was like blah, seen them all. then i bought the steiff mickey in germany and figured i'd get mickey to pose with it.. nice surprise.

i've heard they also appear together for photos during evening EMH at MK by the carousel for EMH guests

AuntDJ
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
We were there the first week of March, we also go Mickey/Minnie; Pluto/goofy and Chip/Dale combos. This is a great way to meet these characters as the line is not ususally too bad so the characters get to spend more time with you and play around quite a bit!

Also, Terk was outside of AK in the afternoon of 3/5.. Got pics and autographs..

DJ

Kristi Kay
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Charcter Connection is fantastic! It has the fab five in there, most of the time...so you can knock out those character by just waiting in one line. The best thing to do is go there immidnetly when the park opens....

Nick Mc
04-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Character Connection is a fun place to visit the characters.. They usually have Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. You can now find Donald over in Mexico with the 3 Cabs.. They sometimes have characters in the hallway, but not during the Flower and Garden Fest. because that is where they set up booths. Right now it is being referbed so they are in a different room, but you can still meet them all by stading in 1 line. Also if you have a Disney Visa card you can meet them as well, but all at once at Epcot but not at the CC.