PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head & Mickey Ears (Shopping)

allie_to_you
03-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I have heard that there is a store in Downtown Disney where you can buy a Mr. Potato Head and a bunch of different cool parts for him. Which store is this and how much does it cost?

Also, I love the traditional Mickey Ears that you see a lot of kids wearing. How do they stay on though? They look so small and easy to fall off and I'd hate to lose mine.

mudpuppysmom
03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I finally "caved" last year and let DS get another Mr. Potato......he filled the box to the tippy top and it cost $18. Now, you can smoosh as much in the box as you can, however the top has to close, that is the only condition I know of. DS picked out what he wanted and the box was not at all full.....the CM told him to pick more parts, but he insisted he was good to go! The next time we went he informed me he "needed" more parts!!! I told him he should have filled the last box up!

As for the ears.....I have a REALLY old pair and mine have an elastic band on them, but the newer ones do not have that to my knowledge. I don't know that they are made to stay on if you are riding BTMRR, but they do stay on!

Eeyore's Pal
03-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I believe you can get the Mr. Potato Head at Once Upon a Toy and last time I was there he was $18 for all you the parts could stuff into a box (a little bit smaller than a happy meal size). You do not have to get the body there if you already have it. You can just get the Disney themed parts (but you'll need the arms to hold the Disney stuff). If you do get a body, don't forget to stuff it as full as possible with parts before you put it in the box.

bibbidiboo3
03-21-2007, 05:08 PM
My parents gave the Disney Mr. Potato Head to my DD a few years ago. They saw another customer stuffing extra parts into the potato body so they could get more pieces. They did the same and my DD was so excited to have soooooo many pieces to play with!!:mickey:

mamacatnv
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
As another poster stated don't forget arms we had to wait a whole year to play with our parts.

Also, test the arms/legs/ears etc to make sure you have a right/left. I got home with 2 left pirate ears and no right.....duhhhhh

The box is about the size of the stride rite shoe boxes, it has a domed top and you can repack and keep repacking until you can't pack another thing in, get the lid closed (it's actually pretty sturdy) and to a cashier quick - fork over $18 + tax and before the box explodes, get it into a bag and on it's way home.:mickey:

My 8 & 17 yr olds both love their tater parts (goofiest thing you ever saw, a 6'4" 240# football player assembling his tater:) )

Sylvia
03-21-2007, 10:23 PM
If you do get a body, don't forget to stuff it as full as possible with parts before you put it in the box.

A couple of years ago, I gave in and bought my Mr. Potato Head. I was told by one of the CMs to remember to stuff the body with small parts. It never occurred to me that I could do that.:blush:

On my next Disney visit, I plan to buy more "accessories" for my Mr. Potato Head.:mickey:

guiness
03-29-2007, 05:18 PM
We saw the potato heads in AK too.

pink
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm not exactly what store it is in DTD but I think it was the huge toy store and I remembed it being right in the front of the store when you walk in, but they may have changed it because that was about two years ago. But my brother and I love my potatoe head and we still have it.

They saw another customer stuffing extra parts into the potato body so they could get more pieces. They did the same and my DD was so excited to have soooooo many pieces to play with

We did that too! It's a great idea!:mickey:

kakn7294
03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
It is the Once Upon a Toy store in DTD but I believe that you can get one in the large store in Mickey's Toontown in MK but they may not as large of a variety of parts as in Once Upon a Toy - we found that to be true with the My Little Pony accessories. If you are buying the entire Mr. Potato Head including a body, put him together before you buy him so you can be sure that you get the right basic parts - feet, arms, ears, etc. I think the price is around $18 to $20 for as much as you can stuff in the box (including inside Mr. Potato Head himself), but the box must be able to be closed. As far as the traditional Mickey Mouse ears, I know for certain that the child-sized ones have an elastic strap to keep them on. I'm not sure about the adult ones. DD11 got a pair of Pirate Mickey ears with a pink bandana last trip and that one does have an elastic strap as well - and it fits my head but I don't know if they are considered child or adult.

Kristi Kay
04-02-2007, 06:04 PM
The store is called Once Upon a Toy, it's amazing!

Kairi_7378
04-07-2007, 12:10 PM
They sell the Mr. Potato Head sets at Mouse Gear in Epcot , and in the store next to Splash Mountain. Once Upon a Toy seemed to have the best selection of pieces, but Mouse Gear had a pretty good selection as well.
I just bought mouse ears at the Chapeau and the adult ears had elastic while the child one didn't. (Completely opposite of my first set, which had elastic when my parents' didn't.) I think it depends on what kind of ears you get... there are soooo many to choose from now! I still took my ears off on the rides just to be safe.